PDA

View Full Version : Fold or call down.

jackmayhoffer
11-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Villain is not overly aggresive.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.67 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.83 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.83 BB.

11-03-2005, 10:44 PM
call down.....

flawless_victory
11-03-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is not overly aggresive.

[/ QUOTE ]

so im gonna guess you won this pot?

flawless_victory
11-03-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call down.....

[/ QUOTE ]
even tex is qualified to give you poker advice... lol.

11-03-2005, 10:56 PM
i yalp rekop ssa srdawkcab

was that a &lt;blush&gt; compliment?

flawless_victory
11-03-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i yalp rekop ssa srdawkcab

was that a &lt;blush&gt; compliment?

[/ QUOTE ]
calm down.

11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
calm down like prozac, or calm down like, ten valiums?

hey does this mean we're 2+2 buddies now?

flawless_victory
11-03-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
calm down like prozac, or calm down like, ten valiums?

hey does this mean we're 2+2 buddies now?

[/ QUOTE ]
sure...

bpb
11-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Hands beating you

AQ,AT ... most likely given the preflop cold call. You have 7 outs vs AQ, and 10 outs vs AT.

TT ... some passive opponents cold call TT preflop

22 ... doubtful unless he's really loose preflop

KJ ... again, unless he's loose, not too many people are cold calling this here

QT,A2 ... pretty unlikely

Hands you beat

AJ,A9- Is he loose enough to cold call these here?

bluff .... you don't see many turn raise bluffs against a preflop raiser with an AQT on the board, even when the A hits

I would call the turn raise and check-fold the river unimproved (an A doesn't count as improved). If a K or J hits, bet the river and call a raise. If a Q hits, bet-fold.

If this exchange took place with you in the CO and the aggressor on the button, I'd call down. But given that your preflop raise and his cold call took place in MP, I'm going to give him credit for the hand he's representing.

jackmayhoffer
11-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Thanks,

By the way he had KJ

elindauer
11-04-2005, 03:23 AM
You call the turn because of your strong draw, and call the river because you got there and it's only 1 more bet. He can be semi-bluffing a number of pair+str8 draw hands that you beat, not to mention AJ.

good luck.
eric

veganmav
11-04-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You call the turn because of your strong draw, and call the river because you got there and it's only 1 more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the kind of thinking that sklansky says to avoid in some of the books? correct me if I'm wrong, but seriously isn't this seroiusly what we should avoid? I honestly thought call the turn ray, and fold to a river bet, even if it is just one more. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

elindauer
11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You call the turn because of your strong draw, and call the river because you got there and it's only 1 more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the kind of thinking that sklansky says to avoid in some of the books? correct me if I'm wrong, but seriously isn't this seroiusly what we should avoid? I honestly thought call the turn ray, and fold to a river bet, even if it is just one more. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I doubt Sklansky suggests avoiding this kind of thinking, especially if, by "this kind", you mean analytical. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the turn, you have plenty of ways to improve to the best hand vs his hand range, so you can call profitably without even worrying whether or not you actually have the best hand. On the river, you are getting good enough odds that another call is in order.

If you had no way to improve, you'd have to view the odds differently, since you'd now have to call 2 to see a showdown. You'd have to be somewhat more confident you were ahead on the turn to make the call if you thought he was representing exactly a straight.

good luck.
eric