PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate spreading Royal Holdem, but only limit

11-03-2005, 10:24 PM
I guess it will be harder to collude as much because its limit, but I still say there aren't enough cards in the deck to make it a fair game if 2 or 3 out of six players are nexteling each other their hole cards.

I guess Im posting this first because noone else plays on UB anymore.

Scotty O
11-03-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it will be harder to collude as much because its limit, but I still say there aren't enough cards in the deck to make it a fair game if 2 or 3 out of six players are nexteling each other their hole cards.

I guess Im posting this first because noone else plays on UB anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I looked, 15k+ players as of 9:30 PM EST

csuf_gambler
11-03-2005, 11:40 PM
what the fuk is royal holdem?

Losing all
11-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Complete tard poker, how fun.

uncleshady
11-04-2005, 12:06 AM
I just played it for a minute. Crazy. Flop two pair like every hand. Holdem with a pinochle deck. Sorta.

Rasputin
11-04-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just played it for a minute. Crazy. Flop two pair like every hand. Holdem with a pinochle deck. Sorta.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pinochle deck is double a euchre deck right? So the board could come out five aces.

What the hell kind of game is that?

OrianasDaad
11-04-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what the fuk is royal holdem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that it's holdem with only Tens, Jacks, Queens, Kings, and Aces. If so, it can be dealt 7-handed with no burn cards. 6-handed with three burn cards.

Probably a nut-peddling game like Limit Omaha High, but with a higher risk of collusion, like the original poster stated, with the smaller deck. With two players holding 20% of the deck pre-flop, and with 35% known post flop, it would be incredibly easy to do. Add in the fact that everybody gets dealt broadway, and the worst you can have on the flop is a pair and a gutshot, and the fish have no chance.

31-1 to get pocket aces in this game.

Someone correct me, please, if I'm wrong about the structure of the game.

Losing all
11-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Thats it

11-04-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Complete tard poker, how fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game rules.

UATrewqaz
11-04-2005, 12:36 AM
If one could quickly throw together the math for ap erfect EV strategy on this one could go clean up

Looks like people are playing it $1/$2 (only 6 max).

20 card deck, A-T of each card.

Every hand I've seen a winner is a full house, yet people still cap with 1 card straights, kinda sad.

Losing all
11-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Instead of "what hands beat me", it's "what hands can I beat"

flatline
11-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Played for a bit, and damn if this game isn't pure action. Very rare to see a fold pre-flop. I need to figure out the strategy for this game and start raking in the cash.

popniklas
11-04-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If one could quickly throw together the math for ap erfect EV strategy on this one could go clean up

Looks like people are playing it $1/$2 (only 6 max).

20 card deck, A-T of each card.

Every hand I've seen a winner is a full house, yet people still cap with 1 card straights, kinda sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... how about something like this... play all pocket pairs and nothing else, play aggressively if you flop a set or better, fold if you don't.

Are ANY no pair hands worth playing? It would be nice if some math-savvy person could calculate how often the board will pair given that you have two cards of different rank in your hand. I'm guessing AKs will be still worth playing, but given how often the board pairs and someone will hold a boat/quads it might be marginal.

Which hands should be raised preflop? (A guess: AA and KK, plus occasionally lower pairs just to mix up your play.)

timprov
11-04-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... how about something like this... play all pocket pairs and nothing else, play aggressively if you flop a set or better, fold if you don't.

Are ANY no pair hands worth playing? It would be nice if some math-savvy person could calculate how often the board will pair given that you have two cards of different rank in your hand. I'm guessing AKs will be still worth playing, but given how often the board pairs and someone will hold a boat/quads it might be marginal.

Which hands should be raised preflop? (A guess: AA and KK, plus occasionally lower pairs just to mix up your play.)

[/ QUOTE ]

AK/AQ are quite a bit better than TT or JJ, as underfulls are sucker hands in this game.

popniklas
11-04-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK/AQ are quite a bit better than TT or JJ, as underfulls are sucker hands in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay... KQs should be okay to, due to its straight flush and nut flush potential, no? How about QJs, AJs and ATs?

Are you suggesting playing AKo and AQo in any position?

How should you play JJ and TT? Only in LP in unraised pots? How about QQ?

(Sorry if it's too many questions.. I got pretty into this game... never heard of it before.)

popniklas
11-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Umm.. I can't find these games at UB?

timprov
11-04-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Umm.. I can't find these games at UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're listed under holdem, with Type Royal. It's weird, but if you go to holdem and click on the type column they should pop to the top.

As for strategy: Thread (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2560738&an=&page=&vc=1) from the Other Poker archives.

Obliky
11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
The most annoying thing about this game is the way everyone keeps saying 'nh' when someone gets a full house...

popniklas
11-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Ok, thanks.

Obliky
11-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Just giving this game a try..got quite an interesting situation i thought i would share:

If you have AA and flop top set, then you can only be beaten by quads or a str8 flush.

E.g.

You: AA
Opponent: KQ

Flop: A T J

Even though your opponent has you beaten, you can still only lose to quads or a str8 flush. This is because (barring quads or str8-flushs) one of 2 things will happen:

1, The board will pair, and you now have a full house beating villian's straight.

2, The board will make the nut str8 and you will split the pot.

This just shows how strong AA is in this game..

Conversely, i think hands like TT and JJ are poor as you are pretty much always going to be drawing to 2 outs.

GrannyMae
11-04-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just giving this game a try..got quite an interesting situation i thought i would share:

If you have AA and flop top set, then you can only be beaten by quads or a str8 flush.

E.g.

You: AA
Opponent: KQ

Flop: A T J

Even though your opponent has you beaten, you can still only lose to quads or a str8 flush. This is because (barring quads or str8-flushs) one of 2 things will happen:

1, The board will pair, and you now have a full house beating villian's straight.

2, The board will make the nut str8 and you will split the pot.

This just shows how strong AA is in this game..

Conversely, i think hands like TT and JJ are poor as you are pretty much always going to be drawing to 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. any other nuggets like this? or is it only AA flopped set that results in a situation /rule like this?

Boolean
11-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Sigh, I guess I'm going to spoil the beans on how to really play this game. Pretty much, my starting hands consist of AA, KK, AK, KQ, and QQ. That's it. Suitedness has no effect as royals are so rare. It's of course a 20-card deck so your outs are like so:

After the flop:
1/15 = 1:14
2/15 = 1:7
3/15 = 1:4
4/15 = 1:2.75
5/15 = 1:2

After the turn:
1/14 = 1:13
2/14 = 6:1
3/14 = 3.7:1
4/14 = 2:5:1

Flopping a straight is an automuck in a full-table game. You are at best tied by the river. Bottom set is also pretty dangerous. Case in point:

You have JJ
flop shows KQJ
You lose to KQ and QQ (albeit unlikely) if a Q or a K comes, and even if you aren't behind them, an AK or KQ can also pick up an Ace or King on the river. Your best shot here is to have runner-runner Tens. The only hands that would beat you then are the other pocket pairs KK and QQ.

Middle set can be quite profitable if you know how to play it however. Case in point:

You have QQ, the flop shows KQT
If the board pairs the ten, you likely have the best hand unless you're up against KK. It's a very good way of getting a decent pot, and I play QQ for just this reason. If the K pairs however, you're losing to KT, KQ, and KJ and AK if they improve on the river.

Top set and top two pair is what you should shoot for. With top two pair you have 4 outs twice (provided there are no royal draws and you don't run into quads), or (4/15)+(4/14)=55% which means you're a favorite from the flop. Bet/raise/cap. Top set, likewise. Unless you run into quads or the board shows a straight, you will win.

Anywho, I know this is formatted pretty ugly, but I hope ya'll enjoy anyhow.

-Boolean

Obliky
11-04-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any other nuggets like this? or is it only AA flopped set that results in a situation /rule like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking this through a bit more, when you have a set you can not lose to a straight (for the reasons stated in my previous post) as the board will always pair or make the nut straight (which is the only straight you can make in this game btw). The great advantage to having AAA is that you cannot lose to a higher full house, which is obviously your greatest concern if you flop a lower set.

I guess that when you flop a set you actually have either a straight or a full house... as its impossible to get to a showdown and just have a set.

The same also applies to trips..you will always make a str8 or full house by the river.

Also, the odds of flopping a set are 2.5:1, and the odds of making a set by the river are 1.2:1

timprov
11-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Judging from the table chat, players are stumbling into the game not realizing the premise. I suspect we're in for a spate of "UB is rigged" posts.

Lori
11-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I just got reported for cheating because apparently I knew what was coming /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lori

timprov
11-04-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got reported for cheating because apparently I knew what was coming /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

By somebody with a straight?

theblitz
11-04-2005, 12:18 PM
More interesting points:

If the board does not pair then the best you are doing is splitting unless you have the flush. This is for the simple reason that the best hand is on the table.

If it is not a 3 or 4 flush board then it is a split.

The question is: how many of the players will realise that?

---------------------------------------------------

2 pair is a dead hand. It cannot win ever.
This is why:

1. If the board didn't pair then you are at best splitting
2. If the board did pair (not on your cards) then at least 1 of the other players (assuming all 6 are in) MUST have either a str or a FH. This is because only 3 cards don't play so one of the players MUST have the card that completes the str.

-------------------------------------------------------

Trips are a dead hand unless you fill up. Same reason as above.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure there are more and I will add them if I think of them.

This can be an amazing game to catch some fish.

timprov
11-04-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2 pair is a dead hand. It cannot win ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen several showdowns where two pair beat a worse two pair, or players split playing the 2 pair on the board. It happens more often shorthanded.

theblitz
11-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Yep.
But if all 6 players are in to the showdown then this can NEVER happen.

theblitz
11-04-2005, 12:32 PM
He we go.

Very simple calculation:

Calculate the chance of board NOT pairing:
First card is irrelevant. Say A.
Second card must not be an A so can only be 16 out of the 19 left.
Third card is 12/18.
Fourth card is 8/17.
Fifth is 4/16.

Give 16/19 * 12/18 *8/17 * 4/16 = 0.066

So chance of pairing = 1-0.066 = 0.954 or 95.4%.

Next I need to calculate what the chances are of winning if you have a PP.

Mason Hellmuth
11-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Here's my strategy so far:

Play AA. Catch top set. Cap every street.

And I'll say it again, don't play in my games!

Obliky
11-04-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my strategy so far:

Play AA. Catch top set. Cap every street.

And I'll say it again, don't play in my games!

[/ QUOTE ]

That could actually work..i calculated that the chances of you getting AA is about 31:1. Stick in KK and AK and your rocking!

Also, it seems your equity edge with big cards is reduced. I.e. AK is not as big a favorite against QJ as in normal Holdem.

MarkGritter
11-04-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He we go.

Very simple calculation:

Third card is 12/18.
Fourth card is 8/17.
Fifth is 4/16.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually use standard tools like Pokenum or Pokerstove for this game, just mark all cards 9 and lower as dead.

theblitz
11-04-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He we go.

Very simple calculation:

Third card is 12/18.
Fourth card is 8/17.
Fifth is 4/16.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually use standard tools like Pokenum or Pokerstove for this game, just mark all cards 9 and lower as dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Didn't think of that.
Though it is a lot of typing.

GrannyMae
11-04-2005, 04:51 PM
ty ty

dlk9s
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Judging from the table chat, players are stumbling into the game not realizing the premise. I suspect we're in for a spate of "UB is rigged" posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. There have GOT to be people playing this game that don't realize that it's Royal.

"Look at this hand history! What a run of cards!"

SammyKid11
11-04-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay... KQs should be okay to, due to its straight flush and nut flush potential, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...I hate to break it to you, but there is no straight flush, there is no nut flush, there is only a royal flush. And you are as likely to get it with KQs as you are with ATs or AQs or KJs, etc. Flush=Winner in this game because every flush is royal.

OrangeKing
11-04-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay... KQs should be okay to, due to its straight flush and nut flush potential, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...I hate to break it to you, but there is no straight flush, there is no nut flush, there is only a royal flush. And you are as likely to get it with KQs as you are with ATs or AQs or KJs, etc. Flush=Winner in this game because every flush is royal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Similarly, connectedness is worth exactly 0 in this game, because every straight is identical (A-T).

Edit: I did a lot of math on this game with the help of pokerstove when it first came out in play money. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

UATrewqaz
11-04-2005, 06:32 PM
So suitedness and connectedness are virturally or totally worthless.

Thus the only value left is high card'ness and pair'ness.

I'm guessing AA/KK/AKs/AKo are the best hands in the game and if you stuck with these three you'd usually have the best of it.

What are the odds of getting one of these hands on a particular deal?

3.1% for AA
3.1% for KK
8.4% for AKs and AKo

Thus you have a 14.6% (1 in 7 roughly) chance of picking up one of these hands.

Solid?

SoCalRugger
11-04-2005, 07:08 PM
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2899/royalholdem1kk.jpg

I rule at this game.

handsome
11-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Are the UB tables down? Can't connect to them.

edfurlong
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
I love that you are protecting the identity of your play money fish! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
This game is so good.

David04
11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Just hit my first ever royal flush playing this game. I feel like I cheated.

B00T
11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
It is SO FUNNY watching people who dont realize its only T-A. Like its hysterical to watch the chat of people like I HAVE HAD THE BEST RUN OF CARDS EVER BUT CANT WIN.

edfurlong
11-04-2005, 09:12 PM
I watched one guy flipping out about hacks at the table! He was pissed, made my day.

Sponger15SB
11-04-2005, 09:20 PM
RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED

Hand #9173718-14692 at Play Chip 962f (10/20 play money Royal Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 04/Nov/05 20:18:09

Sponger15aa is at seat 0 with 230.
bigj1us is at seat 1 with 1785.
Rynn22 is at seat 2 with 10265.
buypawn is at seat 3 with 860.
harleypower is at seat 4 with 1065.
nowetam41 is at seat 5 with 665.
The button is at seat 3.

harleypower posts the small blind of 5.
nowetam41 posts the big blind of 10.

Sponger15aa: Ad Ah
bigj1us: -- --
Rynn22: -- --
buypawn: -- --
harleypower: -- --
nowetam41: -- --

Pre-flop:

Sponger15aa raises to 20. bigj1us calls. Rynn22
calls. buypawn calls. harleypower calls.
nowetam41 re-raises to 30. Sponger15aa re-raises to
40. bigj1us calls. Rynn22 calls. buypawn calls.
harleypower calls. nowetam41 calls.

Flop (board: As Jc Ks):

harleypower checks. nowetam41 checks. Sponger15aa
bets 10. bigj1us calls. Rynn22 calls. buypawn
calls. harleypower calls. nowetam41 calls.

Turn (board: As Jc Ks Ts):

bets 20. bigj1us calls. Rynn22 calls. buypawn
folds. harleypower calls. nowetam41 calls.

River (board: As Jc Ks Ts Qd):

bets 20. bigj1us calls. Rynn22 calls. harleypower
calls. nowetam41 calls.

Showdown:

Sponger15aa shows Ad Ah.
Sponger15aa has Ad Jc Ks Ts Qd: straight, ace high.
bigj1us shows Kc Jh.
bigj1us has Kc Jh As Ts Qd: straight, ace high.
Rynn22 shows Tc Td.
Rynn22 has Tc As Jc Ks Qd: straight, ace high.
harleypower shows Qc Kh.
harleypower has Qc Kh As Jc Ts: straight, ace high.
nowetam41 shows Qs Ac.
nowetam41 has Qs Ac Jc Ks Ts: straight, ace high.

Hand #9173718-14692 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.
harleypower wins 100 of a 500 pot with straight, ace high.
nowetam41 wins 100 of a 500 pot with straight, ace high.
Sponger15aa wins 100 of a 500 pot with straight, ace high.
bigj1us wins 100 of a 500 pot with straight, ace high.
Rynn22 wins 100 of a 500 pot with straight, ace high.
----------------------------------------------------------------

handsome
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
WTF Sponger, stop playing Play Money and sit down on a real table. I'm up >100bb today. UB needs to spread 2/4 and higher.

Greg J
11-04-2005, 09:30 PM
I want this game on Party! We should start a petition!

Sponger15SB
11-04-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF Sponger, stop playing Play Money and sit down on a real table. I'm up >100bb today. UB needs to spread 2/4 and higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got money coming to neteller or someone to even stake me if I want, hehe.

jedi
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't have found this game if it wasn't for you guys. This is awesome!

IggyWH
11-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Quite an interesting game... took me a few hands to realize a flopped straight is HORRIBLE. I'd get all excited like I had the nuts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rasputin
11-04-2005, 10:12 PM
So I'm playing a little of this and micro levels and I have come to the conclusion that it is the most retarded game ever.

11-04-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm playing a little of this and micro levels and I have come to the conclusion that it is the most retarded game ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about WAR?

jedi
11-04-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have yet to realize just how soft these games really are.

IggyWH
11-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Can I consider getting a Royal as my first ever Royal Flush? I thought getting my first Royal would be a lot more enjoyable?!?!

Rasputin
11-04-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about WAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

War is better.

Sponger15SB
11-04-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about WAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

War is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it good for?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

say it again

HUAH!

jb9
11-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd just like to say... I'm a total fish at this game.

Whoo hoo! I got top two pair! I flopped the nut straight! Whoo hoo! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

UATrewqaz
11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
I agree, I watched a few tables (I have no money in UB at the moment) and people cap their 1 card straight like they think it's a good hand.

11-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Holy [censored], i did not realize that about royals.

Is AK really worth much. I just won a 31.75 BB hand with it at 5c-10c WOOOOOOOOOO! But pockets are the only things worth raising, have not seen a royal yet

Are the 1-2 tables this loose?

Snoogins47
11-05-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], i did not realize that about royals.

Is AK really worth much. I just won a 31.75 BB hand with it at 5c-10c WOOOOOOOOOO! But pockets are the only things worth raising, have not seen a royal yet

Are the 1-2 tables this loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I won a 30bb pot at 1/2 last night.

So, possibly.

UATrewqaz
11-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Another hillarious +EV factor is the simple idea that at least some volume of the players on this table do not KNOW they are playing "royal" hold em.

Losing all
11-05-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another hillarious +EV factor is the simple idea that at least some volume of the players on this table do not KNOW they are playing "royal" hold em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone forgot to tell the retards that KTs isn't a raising hand

usmfan
11-05-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm in love or hate, depending on the flop.

Sponger15SB
11-05-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm currently at .01/.02 raising every street no matter what. This is so fun

Sponger15SB
11-05-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently at .01/.02 raising every street no matter what. This is so fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand #9409855-279 at Derby ($.01/$.02 Royal Hold'em)