PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend some good music like Kraftwerk.

partygirluk
11-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't not much about dance/techno genres. Downloaded a bunch of Kraftwerk and quite like it, so looking for similar things. I have listened to Lemonjelly before and liked them a lot. So looking for chillout/techno type music that I can enjoy from the comfort of my armchair, without having to fill my blood with narcotics.

11-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Røyksopp is the defintiv answer 2 your question, check out their cd: Melody AM

gabbahh
11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Propellerheads might be to your liking.
Kraftwerk is kinda unique though.

partygirluk
11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Røyksopp is the defintiv answer 2 your question, check out their cd: Melody AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call! I actually have both of their albums and absolutely [censored] love Royksopp

Jack of Arcades
11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
there are people that like royksopp?

astroglide
11-04-2005, 02:31 AM
dopplereffekt is extremely good. seek them out and give it a shot. for lighter stuff, try dmx krew (no relation to dmx the rapper).

Eurotrash
11-04-2005, 02:42 AM
I just want to add that I've been meaning to start a thread like this for a while now. i already had a bunch of Kraftwerk's stuff from a while ago and thought it was great, so I guess i'm going to try out the stuff mentioned in here. thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming

handsome
11-04-2005, 03:06 AM
AHHHHH!! I love Kraftwerk. Just to be technical, it's ELECTRO and probably the best in its genre

My favorites are:
-Numbers
-Tour De France
-Home Computer

Download "Art of Noise - Beat Box" and "George Krantz - Din Daa Da".

11-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Um, I dont like that type of music, but since you said electro, Im wondering what in relation that is to the band electro that did "hip hop be bop dont stop"....

was it a genre named after them? was it just that genre of music?

or was it just a band name.

sadly enough the only reason I know about that song is from shaun of the dead.

diebitter
11-04-2005, 03:34 AM
The one that they ripped to do 'Planet Rock' - can't remember it's name.