PDA

View Full Version : Do heads up cash games translate?

Indiana
11-03-2005, 08:53 PM
How well would a good player here do against a great heads up player from the 1 table forum like myself or IrieGuy do? Just wondered how closely related they are. I am currently undefeated in my heads up challenge matches over there and would much like to play Kane in a low stakes heads up match to get a feel for the differences.

Indy

captZEEbo1
11-03-2005, 11:58 PM
well raising blinds makes it really different...cash games you'll always have 100+ BB's so that's the big difference. You play hands differently in a hu cash game for 100 bbs then you would a hu sng. No offense, but I'd probably smoke you guys at hu cash games (though you'd smoke me in hu sngs).

creedofhubris
11-04-2005, 12:09 AM
You'll win a lot of small pots and the cash game expert will win fewer, bigger ones.

There's a lot more postflop play in a cash game.

Indiana
11-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the responses. I think you guys are right, there is a non-overlapping science to tournament and cash heads up games. Its quite a challenge to switch back and forth between styles. I will continue building the bkroll crushing the sng-hu games before considering these higher limit cash games.

Indy

Maulik
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
don't use words like undeafted, because I'm undeafted too, over a certain day, etc.

Statistics, my man.

Indiana
11-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Statistics? What's that? Ever looked at my profile and seen what I do for a living?

Indy

Big_Jim
11-04-2005, 08:33 PM
In that case, I'm sure you know just how insignificant your undefeated status really is.

tdarko
11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and would much like to play Kane in a low stakes heads up match

[/ QUOTE ]
i doubt he would do this...i bet he would make you play at stakes you are not used to or are uncomfortable playing (though after looking at your house maybe you are comfortable playing most stakes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Indiana
11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Can't I talk a little smack w/o all the science bs?

Indy

Sponger15SB
11-04-2005, 08:39 PM
You seem pretty full of yourself, so you'd probably win against them 100% of the time in HU SNGs and cash games.

Big_Jim
11-04-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't I talk a little smack w/o all the science bs?

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course you can, just be careful about opening yourself up for the same.

raptor517
11-04-2005, 09:10 PM
ill take u on indy. we can set something up like.. lock into 11 210s or something if u wanna play the stars structure. something like that. holla

Ulysses
11-05-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses. I think you guys are right, there is a non-overlapping science to tournament and cash heads up games. Its quite a challenge to switch back and forth between styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only quite a challenge for the SNG players. If you split formats evenly, all the top cash game players would crush all the top SNG players. Wouldn't even be close.

KaneKungFu123
11-05-2005, 05:52 AM
i think rake is insane considering how fast the SNG's play (atleast at UB).

captZEEbo1
11-05-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses. I think you guys are right, there is a non-overlapping science to tournament and cash heads up games. Its quite a challenge to switch back and forth between styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only quite a challenge for the SNG players. If you split formats evenly, all the top cash game players would crush all the top SNG players. Wouldn't even be close.

[/ QUOTE ]this is true...sng poker is little girl poker

Jman28
11-05-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am currently undefeated in my heads up challenge matches over there

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played less than 100 HU SNGs, and probably won around half of them. Surely you could beat someone like me almost every time, right?

I'll play you if you give me 2:1 odds for any amount between $400:$200 and $4000:$2000. All you have to do is win over 67% of the time to make a profit.

Also, to El D, I'm sure the best players here would beat the best HU SNG players with the structures split, but I think it would be closer than you make it seem.

Popinjay
11-05-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am currently undefeated in my heads up challenge matches over there

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played less than 100 HU SNGs, and probably won around half of them. Surely you could beat someone like me almost every time, right?

I'll play you if you give me 2:1 odds for any amount between $400:$200 and $4000:$2000. All you have to do is win over 67% of the time to make a profit.

Also, to El D, I'm sure the best players here would beat the best HU SNG players with the structures split, but I think it would be closer than you make it seem.

[/ QUOTE ]

DIABLO IS NOT AN IDIOT.

Ulysses
11-05-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given just a little time to practice, the best cash players would beat the best HU SNG players even if the strucutre was all HU SNG.

tdarko
11-05-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given just a little time to practice, the best cash players would beat the best HU SNG players even if the strucutre was all HU SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]
and i don't think this is really close, do you? *or am i being biased b/c of my preference of game*

Alex/Mugaaz
11-06-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with this if it was the best HU SNG vs the best cash game player I would side with the former.

11-06-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think rake is insane considering how fast the SNG's play (atleast at UB).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stakes dependent. At your stakes, cash game rake is insanely low.