PDA

View Full Version : Very early in FW 500+65 tourney with KK..

Hotrod0823
11-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I posted this but wanted to get some responses. So hear goes.

This was my first live NL tournament. Starting stacks are 1500 blinds were 25/25.

This is the 3rd hand of the tourney and I was in the BB with KK and my original 1500 in chips.

It is folded to the button who doubled up on the first hand with 96s on a suited flop vs. QQ.

Anyway, Button limps, SB checks and I raise to 100.

Button Calls and SB folds.

Flop comes T 6 2 with 2 clubs. Pot is now 225

I bet out 200, Button calls.

Turn is an As, I bet out 225, button Calls.

River is a 2 of spades and I check, Button checks.

I get shown A4s in clubs and he takes the pot with A's over 2's.

Did I make a mistake by not betting the river?

Was my turn bet too small given the Buttons 3000 chip stack?

I think I needed to bet more on the turn but he now has top pair with a flush draw and I don't think he is laying it down. Granted I have given smaller flushes better odds to call. He had to call 225 into a 800 chip pot.

I have been wondering if there was anyway I could've either won the hand or bled off less my stack. I really never recovered enough after this hand to do much of anything.

Thanks

Hotrod

DeuceKicker
11-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I'd say you had little chance of betting him off his draw on the flop, and no chance of chasing him away when the A hit.

You lost as little as possible on the hand

Bigdaddydvo
11-03-2005, 10:23 PM
nh, play it the same

DJ Sensei
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
You played it fine. If anything, checking the river is ideal. If you bet, you arent getting called by a worse hand. However, if you check, villain might bluff at the pot with a busted flush draw, or a smaller pair, and you can pick it off. (Of course, you won't call a very large bet, but a small one is reasonable to call if you think theres a chance he's bluffing).

Sucks you got drawn out on, but you played it as well as you could.