PDA

View Full Version : Justifiable Reraise?

Piper Tim
11-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Been at the table for a couple rotations. Most of the table is weak-tight. UTG+1 plays a high percentage of hands fairly aggressively. Preflop I'd seen him raise everything from low suited cards, to mid and high pocket pairs. UTG+2 calls a lot, but rarely raises. Is the reraise justifiable or a good way to spew chips?

0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

11-03-2005, 08:56 PM
I like the reraise. Normally I lay that hand down against a raise, but against a very LAG player and a calling station I don't mind it. You're more likely to get the pot 3 handed at that point. You definitely want to get the hand as short-handed as possible. You also have great position so it makes the reraise even more attractive.

bozlax
11-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Given your read I play this hand like he hadn't raised, and I usually raise AJo in CO, so, yes, I like the re-raise.

11-03-2005, 09:19 PM
I just dont feel the need to cold call with this hand. However after looking at it a little closer AJ will play well against just 2 opponents. I like the move.

11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Pretty standard given the villain's range of raising hands, and the CC from UTG+2.

11-03-2005, 11:31 PM
with your reads, your reraise is good as you want a hand like this to be 3 handed. looks good.

eviljeff
11-04-2005, 12:29 AM
this is an easy isolation raise w/o UTG+2 in the hand. even with him there it's fine.

ajm36
11-04-2005, 03:07 AM
Given your reads and your position, this is a good hand for an attempt to isolate. I think the three bet is ok. UTG+2 will probably call down with a weaker hand often or he will fold to aggression. UTG+1 probably has a wide range of raising hands and may call down with weak hands as well. The lack of aggression on the flop does not always mean he has a weak hand, he may be waiting for a c/r on the turn or he may be on a flush draw. At this point, what was your plan on the turn--if checked to you would you bet or check, if c/r do you fold, what if a heart fell to possibly make a flush for him but give a draw to the nuts for you? What if he bets a heart on the turn? I don't do this kind of analysis enough on the fly, but I think knowing the answers to these questions BEFORE you check, bet, raise, cap the flop tells you whether this is a good decision or not.