PDA

View Full Version : Here Fishy, Fishy.

Play Tight
06-16-2003, 02:41 PM
A couple of new players sit at the table and have played a couple of times around the blinds and I think I have a good read on their play. 1st player (the girlfriend) is new to the game and asking questions to the dealer about how much and when to bet etc. 2nd player (the boyfriend) seems to be a maniac who plays every hand and shows 2nd pair worse kicker and is yet to take down a pot and is now low on chips. $4/8 game

The Girlfriend (GF) is in the small blind and the Boyfriend (BF) is in the big blind. 3 callers to me in LP, I raise and am called by one other LP and GF, BF re-raises and called around to me I re-raise and everyone calls.

Flop Ac Kd Js
GF checks BF bets out and all drop to me, I raise, LP drops GF and BF call.

Turn Jc
GF checks BF bets out I raise, GF calls and BF raises. I cap and both call.

River 10h
GF checks BF bets out I raise and GF re-raises BF caps and we both call.

There are a ton of possiblities for this hand, Can you guess what we had? Just to help out, no one had the quads.

I will post the results after seeing what everyone else thinks about this hand.

ZManODS
06-16-2003, 02:46 PM
You had AJ
BF, GF had KQ/KJ

ArchAngel71857
06-16-2003, 02:54 PM
I put BF on Ax, possibly AK. the girlfriend on Qx. I put you on either AA, KK, or AJ. I don't think you had AK the way you bet on the turn when a second J fell. I aslo dont think you had QT due to your preflop raise and your handle, but who knows. you ruled out JJ and I don't see you staying in with QQ. maybe you had KJ, but if you did it would have to be suited. This is also an example of how bad I am at reading hands.

-AA (but i really think you had KK)

slavic
06-16-2003, 04:49 PM
GF TT
BF Ax maybe even suited, possibly even AT
Your AK, AA, KK, AQ, or AJ

Really how could you ever read them? GF comming alive would scare me more than BF.

Talk about "implied collusion" (tm) get another couple of relatives at the table, and really mess my reading ability up.

Play Tight
06-16-2003, 05:16 PM
You all had some fine guesses here and I thought the exact same thing...I put BF on Ax and thought I was good until GF check raised at the river, and even then I thought she had the Q and was assuming her straight was good.

BF shows as soon as I call and said "ship it here I have a boat".....showing J10 suited for the small boat. GF calmly and quietly smiles at me and then turns to BF and said "you don't win, Because even if my Aces full of Jacks didn't beat you, his Kings full of Jacks surely would of." She then shows me the pocket A's and said sorry. So much for my read, eh? She was a shark in fish clothing, she knew once I raised pre-flop that her BF would 3 bet and then when she gets a piece of the flop she lets us bet it for her and grow a great pot.

She then procedes to kick butt at this table. She was a real shark, she sat down and played "dumb" and was able to get the entire table to think she knew nothing of the game and then handed me a plate of humiliation. This was my first time at this particular card room so I had no idea that this person was a regular who played her cards well, so to speak.

The BF was a true maniac and never slowed down, he probably dumped $500 in about 3 hours and then sat back and watched her rack up about the same. I would of thought there might be some sort of collusion because of this hand but I sat there and watched them cap it heads up a couple of times, of course she won every time.

Lesson learned, I hope, Never take a quick read for granted.