PDA

View Full Version : Common situation (reverse implied odds?)

UATrewqaz
11-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I hold 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in small blind

3 limpers, I completed, BB checks.

Flop

7 3 2

Hero???

I PROBABLY have the best hand but I don't feel good betting out...

1. I doubt 2 overcards (say facecards) will fold.

2. I have horrible position against a large field.

3. My "made" hand will most likely NOT win unimproved.

My usual plan on these situations is as follows

Check with the intention of hoping someone in late position raises so I can check raise and force the rest of the field out.

Or check/call if someone bets.

if I check and it checks around, if a safe card falls on the turn (another low card) I bet out

if a big overcard falls, just check/fold.

Solid?

11-03-2005, 08:26 PM
YOur reasoning sounds good to me. I agree.

11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Solid

[/ QUOTE ]

11-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I would play it the same. Your hand is extremely vulnerable and you have no kicker (at least it completes 3 to a straight though). The pot is small at this point. I would definitely check to see the action. If it goes bet, raise you are done. As you mentioned, I like to get a read on the person to my right. I love having people that will insta-bet when checked to them on the button.

bozlax
11-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Any cards in your suit? Without a four-flush, here (maybe bdfd) I'm prepared to say the pot's too small to fight for with a likely second- or third-best hand. Check-fold on the flop.

UATrewqaz
11-03-2005, 08:42 PM
The hand that I just posted had 0 of my suit.

For the sake of the example let's say it's 0 or 1.

Obviously if you pikc up a 4 flush you have top pair and a flush draw so the deck is packed with cards to help you and I probably bet out.

bozlax
11-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah. These "complete any two suited" hands lick donkey balls. An LP bettor gives you the chance to push the field out, but do you really want to do that with a middlin' top-pair-no-kicker hand? Even the bdsd doesn't fill me with love.