PDA

View Full Version : Weak Jacque Jones?

ArchAngel71857
06-16-2003, 02:27 PM
$.50/1 PP. 9-man, pretty loose passive.

I'm UTG and land J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . I raise, UTG+1 folds, EP calls, MP folds, LMP and CO call, button and blinds fold.

Flop: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . I bet, EP folds, LMP and CO call.

Turn: 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . I bet, LMP raises, CO cold-calls, I call.

River: 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . I check, LMP checks, CO bets, I call, LMP calls.

LMP shows T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , beaten by CO's A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I know i probably should have folded on the river, but what threw me is the turn raiser checked on the river, therefore I called. Any critiques welcome.

-AA

(Call me Double A's for Allllllllllllllllllll Abs!)

Nottom
06-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Why would you fold the river after the turn aggressor checks? CO could easily be betting to try and steal the pot, since it was checked to him. Or could have a medium pocket pair and think hes winning. The cold-call on the turn is interesting (and I like it) but could easily mean he picked up the flush draw on the turn. Either way, I think you have to call this bet.

SwordFish
06-17-2003, 03:43 AM
I agree with you, no way I'm folding for one bet with top pair when it was checked to CO. You lost me at the end though...there is no flush draw to be picked up on the turn.

SF

Nottom
06-17-2003, 09:20 AM
oops, thought the 3rd diamond was on the turn ... misread the post.