PDA

View Full Version : In my opinion....

Fmonti
06-16-2003, 01:21 PM
After this past weekend It is my opinion that good players will fare much better in games that are over the 10/20 limit...Not talking about the amount of money they can make but winning percentages. In HEPAP P. 161 your holding AQ..you should limp. Flop comes 10 6 2.."You likely have the best hand and should bet". In my opinion you probably do not have the best hand and someone with either a 2 or 6 will call you to the river..You might say to yourself he's the kind of player I want in this game. The problem is there are 4 others who will do the same thing..

SoBeDude
06-16-2003, 03:18 PM
You're right.

Playing in loose games of any limit against horrible players can put you in the same situation.

The key is to realize when you're in such a spot and adjust your game accordingly.

Learn to read your opponents. Generally you'll find (that in these loose games) a couple of players that will fold with nothing, but will stay with any pair they catch. If that is so, and you're betting with your overcards and they're calling, then you need to realize you're behind. How you continue is based on pot odds. Learn not to push overcards against them.

Then if you check and they bet you can be sure you're behind and pot odds dictate and easy fold or easy call (on the turn).

-Scott

pudley4
06-16-2003, 04:09 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Not talking about the amount of money they can make but winning percentages

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't care whether your winning percentage is 5%, 10%, 20%, or more. All that matters is how much money you win. Would you rather win 4BB, 75% of the time, or 20 BB, 25% of the time?

It's true that if you have AQ, the flop is T 6 2, you will be called down by someone who has 32o. But they'll also call you down when you have AT, KK, 76, and A2.

bernie
06-16-2003, 09:24 PM
a good player isnt limited to only 1 texture of a game. a good player will adjsut to this type of table and not bluff or semi bluff as much. ive seen many 'good' players who cant play or handle losing at some LL tables. to me, these arent that 'good' of players. they are very one-dimensional.

btw...you should be able to make money in this game. even 1/2 asleep.

b