PDA

View Full Version : Help

11-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm having a run of cards that seem to have lasted the last month I can't build my bankroll back up it just keeps running loses.

I doing the same as when I started building it whats gone wrong is it normal?

I'm also playing bad in tournments.

Suggestions please.

jba
11-03-2005, 06:08 PM
get better at poker.

it's about all you can do.

ghostface
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I need help too. Any suggestions for my game?

jba
11-03-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

steal the blinds more and stop calling down with big overcards when it is clear that you are beat.

11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the input. I have been studying up for a while now my friend suggested I'm trying to do too many things I need to get back to basics keep it simple.

regards

UATrewqaz
11-03-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't know what limits you play, but at very low limits when I'm on a downswing I tighten up and only play the most profitable hands.

Good players can squeeze profit out of marginal hands, and when I'm losing I say to hell with everything marginal and just stick to big hands and people pay you off enough on those at low limits to begin rebuilding.

11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks I have been playing only $1-2 NLH some of the pots can get to $300. Today I have been playing the top ten AA KK etc when I have KK some has AA its been a crazy few weeks.

When I first started I was doing well I knew it could never be that easy.

regards

lazystudent

11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Do you have the bankroll to withstand this downswing playing 1/2 NLHE? Variance in NL can be a total heartbreaker at times. It might be worthwhile to drop down a level so you can re-evaluate your game and find leaks. I've taken a long time off from NL after getting slammed for a third of my roll.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Win more hands, lose less hands. Hope that helps.

pryor15
11-04-2005, 05:18 AM
in the time it took you to write that post, you could have possibly learned something of value in one of the other posts here. that, i think, is the root of your problem.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-04-2005, 05:26 AM
I hope you have the 4,000 dollar bankroll required for 1/2 NL.