PDA

View Full Version : Asking to see flashed cards

Vehn
06-16-2003, 12:13 PM
How many people do this? I'm talking about when you're in a hand and fold, and your opponent flashes his cards to his neighbor and goes to muck them. Everyone knows how rude IWTSH is but how about this?

slavic
06-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Is the opponent in the hand?

Tyler Durden
06-16-2003, 12:30 PM
If you're mucking pre-flop, and the guy who is flashing his cards is also mucking, I don't see why you need to see what he's folding? I think it's in poor taste to ask to see his cards.

Vehn
06-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Sorry, I meant something like you've seen the flop heads up with your opponent, you bet, he raises, you fold, and he flashes his cards to his neighbor and mucks them face down as he's being pushed the pot. I agree its rude if you've folded preflop.

Pauliman
06-16-2003, 02:12 PM
the phrase SHOW ONE SHOW ALL comes to mind. I will let it slide a few times, but if i see the same guy showing his hands to his neighbor i will call him on it and could careless if it upsets him (a mad opponent usually gets seperated from his stack) And if you have a very good dealer the dealer will usually throw the cards face up on the table without any players having to ask and that doesnt put any one player on the spot. A couple times of this happening and the guy thats sharing will reconsider his card flashing.

regards

pauli

SoBeDude
06-16-2003, 03:08 PM
I have found they don't seem to get upset if you call them on this. Where I play house rules are "show one, show all" so if he shows them to his neighbor and starts to muck I'll just say "cmon, if you're showing him, show the table". They usually just flip them over without a complaint.

And often if the dealer sees the player doing it, they'll instruct the player to flip them over on the table.

I find that in this situation they usually have some innate need for someone to see their hand, and they're not really upset at having to show. Also, by saying it in such a way as I did above, its like I'm not asking him to show ME, I'm just asking him to show the table since he already showed one person.

-Scott

Porcupine
06-16-2003, 03:58 PM
I've had good luck using the "show one show all" approach as well. Usually, after I say "show one show all", others at the table start saying it whenever anyone flashes cards to a neighbor.

Tyler Durden
06-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Well this is indeed a horse of a different color. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking to see the flashed cards in this situation. I may not do it myself but players should be willing to adhere to the "show one show all" rule.