PDA

View Full Version : Getting "hooked up" ... what's my play?

dknightx
11-03-2005, 04:49 PM
My friend wants to hook me up with some girl that interns/works at her company (not directly with my friend, different group). She gave me her email address and says that the girl is interested in "meeting up". I don't think I've ever written any email like this before ... what's my play?

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 04:50 PM
i'm sure it will be much more interesting if you email her at 3am plastered.

4_2_it
11-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Read The Yugoslavian's AIM post and improvise. Or PM Dom and offer to pay him to write you one.

TheMainEvent
11-03-2005, 04:53 PM
From my experience girls are pretty much terrible at setting up their guy friends. I'm willing to hear other opinions though.

dknightx
11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I just need something simple without sounding like an idiot ...

siccjay
11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Get a picture. There is no other play.

xadrez
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Just wanted you to know Im not an idiot. Lets bang.

asofel
11-03-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey XXXX, YYYY gave me your email and said you'd be interested in meetingup sometime. If you could find two other hot friends, please meet me in room 503 wearing a nice leather mini, no panties, and plenty of cloke.

peace,

d knight

kipin
11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Does the girl look like Janet Jackson?

/hopes someone gets the reference.

diebitter
11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
"Hi I'm XXXX

Our mutual friend YYY gave me your email, and suggested I drop you a line, and see if you want to meet up for a drink sometime.

Are you free lunchtime on ZZZ? Maybe we could meet up at [suitable landmark] and get a coffee, or a beer, or maybe a quick bite somewhere?

bye now

XXXX"

Lunchtime is less threatening, and gives you/her easy getout ('I'm doing qqq this afternoon'), less pressure.

This is by far the best approach.

Gary Stevenson
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

ZZzzZZzz

4_2_it
11-03-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Hi I'm XXXX

Our mutual friend YYY gave me your email, and suggested I drop you a line, and see if you want to meet up for a drink sometime.

Are you free lunchtime on ZZZ? Maybe we could meet up at [suitable landmark] and get a coffee, or a beer, or something,

bye now

XXXX"

Lunchtime is less threatening, and gives you/her easy getout ('I'm doing qqq this afternoon'), less pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, it's too early in this thread to start giving him advice that might work. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

asofel
11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

diebitter
Sorry, my bad.

In that case, also get drunk before you turn up, and tell her why clothes are 'boring'.

4_2_it
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry

Get drunk before you turn up, and tell her why clothes are 'boring'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much better. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
11-03-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Top notch reference.

In a similar vein, a girl I was in grad school with wanted to hook me up with one of her friends. She said "Looks just like Salma Hayek."
I ended up not going out with this girl for a couple of reasons but I met her about a year or so later. WOW! An overweight, greasy Salma Hayek with bad skin and a unibrow like in Frida.

Pictures are good.

jon_1van
11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Hi I'm XXXX

Are you free lunchtime on ZZZ? Maybe we could meet up at [suitable landmark] and get a coffee, or a beer, or maybe a quick bite somewhere?

bye now

XXXX"

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you did all the work for him.

BoogerFace
11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Where is Sup Bro when you need him?

diebitter
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Hi I'm XXXX

bye now

XXXX"

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you did all the work for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't that what he wanted /images/graemlins/confused.gif

But OP, if this works, we need the details. Not everything, just the filth. Deal?

PS. Wanting a picture is for little boys, cowards and pussies. She might be beautiful to you in real life, but take a lousy photo. Don't ask.

Lottery Larry
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Be honest, brief, and funny without being insulting, if possible.

dknightx
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Yep, I'll keep you guys updated with how things turn out.

djoyce003
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope she looks more like Freddy Jackson

offTopic
11-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend wants to hook me up with some girl that interns/works at her company (not directly with my friend, different group). She gave me her email address and says that the girl is interested in "meeting up". I don't think I've ever written any email like this before ... what's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/offTopic2p2/cyrano5.jpg

"Get dronk...zen call hair..."

M2d
11-03-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

more like Freddy Jackson

TripleH68
11-03-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From my experience girls are pretty much terrible at setting up their guy friends. I'm willing to hear other opinions though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls usually set you up with a girl who has a great "personality."

11-03-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the worst, the absolute worst.

He should really demand pics before any "hook up". This saves you money on gas.

asofel
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend tried to do this once. "She's cute".
Well she wasn't that cute...and evidently I wasn't tall enough (i'm 6'1) as she said to her friend, in front of me "I thought he was tall?"

krubban
11-03-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey XXXX, YYYY gave me your email and said you'd be interested in meetingup sometime. If you could find two other hot friends, please meet me in room 503 wearing a nice leather mini, no panties, and plenty of cloke.

peace,

d knight

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this forum /images/graemlins/heart.gif

david050173
11-03-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend tried to do this once. "She's cute".
Well she wasn't that cute...and evidently I wasn't tall enough (i'm 6'1) as she said to her friend, in front of me "I thought he was tall?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope 6'1 only puts you in the top 7% or so. Tall would be like 6'4(top 1%). Of course the key is to go, "thats ok, your friend said you were attractive. We will call it even" and split.

OtisTheMarsupial
11-03-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play is to tell your friend you don't do blind dates and if he really thinks this girl is a good match for you then maybe he could set something up for the two of you. DO NOT EMAIL HER.