PDA

View Full Version : What separates......

outdrwn
11-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok, after reading super system for the 12th time, It has dawned on me that Doyle is suggesting super loose, aggressive play"the more aggressive the better", raising all in with OESD's, etc,. I know he's a legend(and maniacs are losing players), but what really seperates Doyle's playing style from one of those LAG's who you see going broke all the time? I know theres a big difference, but It would be nice to see it discussed in greater detail, how Doyle can put pressure on his opponents, forcing decisions etc., when some maniac's push all in and still get called with a pair of 3's by a relatively tight player... Just a thought..

SnglMaltScotch
11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Please realize that the original SS was written a long time ago. Even Doyle has mentioned that he has had to change his style a lot due to todays game. With more new players and more players willing to call with minimal holdings, the style in the original SS would not be nearly as effective as it was for Doyle 20+ years ago.

11-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Doyle usually had very good reads on the situation, and commanded respect at the table. those two things made his strategy effective.
when your opponents don't give you credit for your fancy plays and call anyway, the loose super aggressive style will backfire.

does doyle have plans to update SS?

ZenMusician
11-03-2005, 05:29 PM
A crowbar.

-ZEN

sorry...wrong question

mikeyp
11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does doyle have plans to update SS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called Super System 2

SoftcoreRevolt
11-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Except SS2 doesn't include any significant changes to the NL section, which is what is being debated.