PDA

View Full Version : Bluffing with the best hand?

ipp147
11-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Opponent hasn't done anything remarkable in the time he had been at the table. I had been playing quite aggressively pre and post flop.

Opponent has $250 at the start of the hand. I have him covered.

2 limpers and I limp with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain completes and BB checks.

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain bets $9. Folded to me and I call.

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain bets $20 and I call.

River 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain checks and I bet $65.

Is it worth raising this flop. Should I just check behind on this river. How is the line in general?

Phishy McFish
11-03-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm going to regret this......

Did you have the best hand??

Tilt
11-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Bluffing with a tied hand, maybe.

I like it. Sets sometimes make crying calls here. Usually not. If you are c/red its an easy fold. If he does call you with a set you haven't invested too much but you gain in the metagame....since you will be more likely paid off on the river later with the nuts.

joewatch
11-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I think your play is fine. As a matter of fact, with position, I would make this play no matter what cards I held. I would bet / raise any spade, K, J, T on the river.

ipp147
11-03-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your play is fine. As a matter of fact, with position, I would make this play no matter what cards I held. I would bet / raise any spade, K, J, T on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Joe,

How often do you make this play with position? I assume it is on certain board textures and against certain opponents?

With 4 random cards I'm folding this close to 100% of the time. I certainly think I need to utilise position more.

joewatch
11-03-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know how often the situation comes up, but this is clearly the spot to do it -
-You can call and it's heads-up with position
-There are a lot of obvious draws on the board
-Pot wasn't raised preflop, so you aren't risking a lot