PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Play This One?

06-16-2003, 09:53 AM
I raised with black aces in MP after 2 limpers. Everyone folded, all 3 including BB called.

Flop was 8 K 6 rainbow. BB checked, UTG2, a semi-decent player but somewhat unpredictable bet out, player to my right folded. I raised, BB cold-called and so did UTG2.

Turn was a brick, checked to me, I bet. Both called.

River a Q. BB checked, UTG2 bet out again.

Your play?

Nottom
06-16-2003, 10:13 AM
I'd probably check behind. BB will probably overcall since there were no apparent draws (maybe the straight) for him to be chasing, so he probably has a bad King and wants to showdown. A raise will force him out and get you 3-bet if UTG+2 has KQ, but a call will hopefully still get you the 2nd BB.

Homer
06-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Call and go for the overcall. This is far better than raising. Folding is also an option, but you really have to know UTG+2 well to do this (you seem to know a lot of your opponents well, as you play with them often).

-- Homer

06-16-2003, 02:58 PM
UTG2 has weak starting hand requirements but can be tricky. He may bet out or raise on the flop with any pair if there is action before him, then play passively thereafter unless he knows he's ahead. He's leading out on the river told me that Q helped him. I folded, BB called. UTG2 showed Qc8c and BB had KJd.

Jeffage
06-16-2003, 05:35 PM
Easy call on the end. You are often looking at a player who hit two pair (most likely) but there is also a chance that he is doing one of those "well I'm gonna call so I might as well bet" moves with a pair of kings. Call, go for the overcall and eliminate the chance of being reraised.

Jeff