PDA

View Full Version : Bad Fold?

Erik779
11-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Pacific Poker 2/4 6max

Im new to the table so no reads, but table seems loose

I'm in the small blind with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Normally I fold this)

4 to the flop: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, call, call, raise. I 3-bet, call, call ,call

Turn:5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, fold, call, raise, I call, call

River:J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, check, Bet. I fold ?

So here my question about the hand:
Was it correct to 3-bet The flop ?
Was Folding the river a misstake with such a big pot?
How would you play the hand?

11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
We need the preflop action too. Do you remember what it was?

I guess everyone limped, because I sure hope you didn't play that against a raise.

Edit: seem my advice in next post

11-03-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was it correct to 3-bet The flop ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd rather build the pot here, since it's likely your top pair is outkicked and you probably need to hit the backdoor straight or two pair to win. Flush draws never fold, as I've been repeatedly told in these forums. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How would you play the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I would probably bet-call/check-call/bet-fold. If you hadn't picked up a gutshot on the turn, I'd probably bet-fold.

I'm too lazy to calculate the pot size right now, so some of my advice depends on that. I hope you know enough to know whether it is big enough to call with a gutshot or not. And don't forget you probably don't want another /images/graemlins/heart.gif to hit.

Erik779
11-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah Everybody limped in.

[ QUOTE ]
If you hadn't picked up a gutshot on the turn, I'd probably bet-fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Havent thought about this before, but it makes alot of sense. Seems like a "check with outs and bet with no outs" situation.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you know enough to know whether it is big enough to call with a gutshot or not. And don't forget you probably don't want another to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I had the odds to make the call.

11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you hadn't picked up a gutshot on the turn, I'd probably bet-fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Havent thought about this before, but it makes alot of sense. Seems like a "check with outs and bet with no outs" situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That and you don't want to give the heart or straight draws a free card. You can often get raised on the flop by draws who intend to take a free card on the turn. They hope to see the river for 1 SB instead of 1 BB. Don't let them.

After you pick up the straight draw, *you* are one of those draws, so let's get to the river cheaply.

Erik779
11-03-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That and you don't want to give the heart or straight draws a free card. You can often get raised on the flop by draws who intend to take a free card on the turn. They hope to see the river for 1 SB instead of 1 BB. Don't let them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tha was what I thought the button was doing. Because of that I put another bet in on the turn, and then, when he raised I relaized he had a good hand. Maybe he picked up the straight on the turn