PDA

View Full Version : standard line? All streets.

Felipe
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Just an ordinary paradise microlimits table. Working off my halloween bonus.

Is this standard line for most of you? Mostly just fish here...

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Vote4Pedro
11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Looks fine...maybe fold river?

tiltaholic
11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
nice.

TheKentock
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Seems fine, don't get discouraged about losing this pot. I think getting 17:1 you can call this river, but I don't think anybody is really expecting to win here with a J-high flush.

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't think I can overcall with the 5th nut when there are two people yet to act. Especially since BB bet this into 4 opponents. The pot is pretty big, so I don't think the call is a big mistake, but I think it's a mistake.

Felipe
11-03-2005, 03:26 PM
I would have cut off my right hand if I had folded the winner here. (Not that the stakes were high, but it was a relatively big pot). What are my chances of having the best hand here on the river with this board? Does anyone know how to do the math?

Felipe
11-03-2005, 03:27 PM
.........and the nuts is a 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Felipe
11-03-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I can overcall with the 5th nut when there are two people yet to act. Especially since BB bet this into 4 opponents. The pot is pretty big, so I don't think the call is a big mistake, but I think it's a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
On second glance, I'm worse than 5th nut...

tiltaholic
11-03-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
On second glance, I'm worse than 5th nut...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...way worse.

i'm beginning to think wookie is right.

i'd still call the river because i'd have to quit poker if i folded the winner.

Redd
11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
standard line

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I can fold the river given the nature of a typical 0.10/0.20er

KaiShin
11-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Here's a question for you:

Would you fold this if it was raised behind you?

WordWhiz
11-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Anyone like raising the river? This seems like one of those "when you don't want overcalls" situations. Granted, odds are that the bettor has us beat. But he could be bluffing at a scary board and a huge pot, and maybe a raise will scare out a Q/K of diamonds that would have called for one bet. If it's reraised, we of course fold.

This is right out of SSHE, page 209, fn 92, BTW.

Felipe
11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like raising the river? This seems like one of those "when you don't want overcalls" situations. Granted, odds are that the bettor has us beat. But he could be bluffing at a scary board and a huge pot, and maybe a raise will scare out a Q/K of diamonds that would have called for one bet. If it's reraised, we of course fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line, but not here. Too many people behind and in front. Usually the Q of K of trump won't fold. Heck, the deuce of trump won't fold at these limits.

The question here is, can I expect to win around 5.55555 % of the time? If so, Ev=0. I respect wookies comments, but I'm not convinced that it's a mistake to risk one bet to win 17.

Aaron W.
11-03-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to prevent overcallers here looks awful.

What are the odds the bettor has us beat? What are the odds the caller has us beat? What are the odds of a player behind us having us beat? What are the odds of getting K/Q flush to fold?

There are far too many things that need to happen in order for a raise to be right.

Aaron W.
11-03-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call if it will keep you sane, but you're probably dropping about .3-.5 BB by calling.

If you fold to a raise and there's always one more overcaller when you call (18 BB pot without your BB):

% of time you win -- EV of calling
6% -- +0.14
5% -- -0.05
4% -- -0.24
3% -- -0.43
2% -- -0.62
1% -- -0.81
0% -- -1.00