PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to [censored]

Yeti
11-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I know you watched the university presentation by the somethingawful.com guy yesterday.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen it, he talks about a time in 2001 where the forum had gone to [censored], and as a result, he didn't feel like dealing with it anymore and temporarily left. In an attempt to spice things up, the guy who he had left in charge introduced a new rule where anyone who posted between 6-6:15pm for an entire month was banned. It proved to be pretty funny and was successful in shaking things up.

I know OOT is in a much better state now, but perhaps we could introduce something like this to further weed out the chaff who can't read.

What says ye?

SackUp
11-03-2005, 01:57 PM
15 minutes of my life w/o OOT in it is 15 mins not worth living.

This idea could be ok...only problem is that people would just inadvertently forget.

astroglide
11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
i think OOT is doing fairly well now

TheMainEvent
11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Some great strat poster will end up getting banned, the usual catastrophe of protest will ensue.

swede123
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
All I know is my boss would really appreciate if this policy went into effect, but the ban would affect anyone posting from 8 am until 5 pm.

Swede

JinX11
11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
At first, I was very skeptical in [censored]'s new power.... I figured he'd go overboard powertripping....

But I must say...I think things have gotten much better. Thread quality has gone up since he assumed the role of authority.

rohjoh
11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All I know is my boss would really appreciate if this policy went into effect, but the ban would affect anyone posting from 8 am until 5 pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
i really like this idea

MEbenhoe
11-03-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At first, I was very skeptical in [censored]'s new power.... I figured he'd go overboard powertripping....

But I must say...I think things have gotten much better. Thread quality has gone up since he assumed the role of authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd just like to echo this

other than scalf, theres really been no one i've been sad to see go.

tdarko
11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
i already post too much so of course i am for it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i already post too much so of course i am for it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this was a weak 3k post.

tdarko
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
i don't do 1K/2K/3K milestone posts.

usually i just post a hand in mid/high /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

HopeydaFish
11-03-2005, 02:22 PM
15 minutes? That's like 6 or 7 posts for Jake. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was the guy who posted the video yesterday, and I thought the parellels between somethingawful's message board and OOT were really interesting. The guy that was left in charge of somethingawful's message board was their [censored], and the results were the same -- a better board for the vast majority of the "regulars".

The 6:00-6:15 banning idea was cute. However, I'm sure that [censored] can come up with something original if he felt that such a thing were needed. I think OOT is under control now, though...no need for anything gimmicky at the moment.

TheMainEvent
11-03-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
11-03-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know OOT is in a much better state now, but perhaps we could introduce something like this to further weed out the chaff who can't read.

What says ye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly would you post this that people should see it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeti
11-03-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What says ye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly would you post this that people should see it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, in a sticky? Prominent enough so that most would see it, but obviously not all. Let the mayhem begin.

InchoateHand
11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I think it would be better if there was no post, and the time was randomized.

jakethebake
11-03-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Er, in a sticky? Prominent enough so that most would see it, but obviously not all. Let the mayhem begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

The people that post here reread all the stickies every day? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeti
11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The people that post here reread all the stickies every day? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up with your comprehension today? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A fresh sticky, saying that throughout November, people will be banned if they post during a specific 15 minute period. No re-reading necessary.

jakethebake
11-03-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF is up with your comprehension today? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A fresh sticky, saying that throughout November, people will be banned if they post during a specific 15 minute period. No re-reading necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like the idea. But it won't make a bit if difference to me.

Soul Daddy
11-03-2005, 02:43 PM
This is silly.

InchoateHand
11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entirely correct. We really shouldn't do anything to tarnish the serious reputation of Other Other Topics.

Soul Daddy
11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entirely correct. We really shouldn't do anything to tarnish the serious reputation of Other Other Topics.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I say something about tarnishing a reputation? It's just a silly idea that has no merit and will only clutter the forum with complaints.

Yeti
11-03-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you realised, but we're being moderated by a gimmick account from a Hollywood blockbuster.

Anyway, whatever, I don't mind. Not my idea, just thought some might find it appealing.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, the 5 year olds thread gave us some street cred.

swede123
11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yo, the 5 year olds thread gave us some street cred.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is hilarious!

Swede

Soul Daddy
11-03-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you realised, but we're being moderated by a gimmick account from a Hollywood blockbuster.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is awesome, not silly.