PDA

View Full Version : Fold Top Two?

11-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Stars $20 NL SNG

Fairly early, stacks relatively equal. 15/30 blinds
UTG raise to 90, 3 callers, I call on the button with QcJd

I know this is very loose, but I figure if I can catch a flop here I can take down a big pot risking less than 10% of my stack.

Flop is TJQ with 2 spades. UTG raiser bets 350, MP goes all in, next in line calls. So we now have a huge pot with UTG likely to also call.

I know I'm up against AK and some type of flush draw, and against one opponent it's an easy fold, but what about here?

I have 6 outs to the boat which is very likely to win the whole pot. It seems like I don't have the odds to call, but what about the implied odds of having a huge stack with 6 players left.

I ended up calling and busting out, but I think it was the wrong decision.

Comments appreciated.

citanul
11-03-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm up against AK and some type of flush draw, and against one opponent it's an easy fold, but what about here?

[/ QUOTE ]

then well, this is a really, really easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
I have 6 outs to the boat which is very likely to win the whole pot. It seems like I don't have the odds to call, but what about the implied odds of having a huge stack with 6 players left.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd have to be pretty impressive odds, wouldn't they, to justify busting out at this point 75% of the time or whatever, wouldn't they?

c

tigerite
11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Stop calling with QJo, simple.

ChrisCo
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
You have 4 outs, not 6 if they have your 2 pair beat.

11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then well, this is a really, really easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd have to be pretty impressive odds, wouldn't they, to justify busting out at this point 75% of the time or whatever, wouldn't they?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

It's at least 82-83% of the time, and I think probably closer to 90%, according to poker stove and some basic hand range assumptions.

11-03-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have no more than 4 outs, not 6, since they have your 2 pair beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DDH
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop calling with QJo, simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-03-2005, 01:36 PM
TWO outs. Yes /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks for the replies. It was an EASY fold.