PDA

View Full Version : Pseudo trip report: A night with P. Dirty

Evan
11-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Not a full fledged trip report since I only went 4 blocks from where I live and I don't remember parts of it, but we'll give it a shot.

Background:
I realized a couple weeks ago that P. Dirty (the artist formerly known as PokerDirty) is a fellow NYU student. Since all other NYU students are super cool d0000ds, just like myself, I decided that we should hang out and play some....tiddlywinks.

So after a few weeks of missing each other for various reasons, P. Dirty (who will from now on be known simply as "Dirty" in this trip report) IMs me and tells me there will be a $50 cash tiddlywinks game Wednesday night. I have a project and a midterm on Thursday, so I decide Wednesday is a great night and immediately RSVP with a resounding yes.

Highlights:
-I'm informed that one of Dirty's cohorts, Ezra (not sure if that's spelled right), is a particularly donkish tiddlywinks player but still manage to lose a stack to him in my first 10 minutes at the table with 10 high....or the tiddlywinks equivalent thereof. At this poitn I'm relatively sure that I'm getting hustled.

-We start talking about 2+2 and the Crimson challenge thread comes up. Most of them hadn't seen it so I explain the premise and what went on. Everyone immediately questions why anyone would be stupid enough to drink a bottle of hot sauce for $100. I can tell this is a bright group and I should expect some tough competition.

-I meet whitelime (or whiteline, I dunno, maybe it's a coke reference?) and another guy whose name escapes me at the moment who both seem to share my affinity for prop betting. They must have heard from like everyone on this site that knows me that I suck at prop betting. History repeats itself and I lose about $200 over the course of the night by guessing red when black is due and black when red is due (mind you, we're playing .25/.50 NL tiddlywinks with a $50 capped buyin). Thankfully I had the presence of mind to make prop bets in cash instead of tiddlywinks chips.

-Dirty decids to get in on the prop betting fun and sucks out on me like everyone else. This time I chose to relatiate. I took the cap from my freshly opened 5th or 6th beer (HI MIDTERM TOMORROW!) and threw it at his chest...only I missed his chest and hit something that could best be described as his tooth. It sounded painful. He told me today that his tooth is black, personally I think that's more a result of his personal hygiene than my cap throwing skills, but why split hairs?

-Whitelime (or line, still not sure on that) offers to buy some communal fries at mozzerella sticks (with my money) if we leave and go to Soup and Burger. This is mostly a highlight because it allowed me to reap the benefits of some of the prop betting money I lost to whitewhatever instead of having it all go to his coke habbit that I've now convinced myself exists.

-My non-whitewhatever prop betting opponent (whose name I still can't [censored] rememeber) called me "The Moderator" in a sort of Arnold Schwarzenegger voice all night. I really enjoyed that and I'd like to let everyone know that I'd like to be referred to in that manner from now on.

-I investigated Mark L's theory that Dirty is actually Dead. It turns out he isn't (or so he says) and we call Mark to let him know. Mark doesn't pick up his phone because he's in Michigan and they don't have phones there, or something like that.

Lowlights:
-I woke up this morning feeling like [censored] due to too many cervezas and dreading the midterm I was (and am) ill-prepared for. Thirty minutes later my power goes out due to some maintenance bs so I have to come to school way earlier than I'd hoped and completely redo a finance project.

-Apparently Voltron was supposed to come and didn't. Voltron sucks.

Recap:
There is probably more funny stuff that happened and hopefully some of the other guys will come in and remind me of some of it. Good to meet all of you and don't forget to come to the NYC Crimson Challenge this Sunday.

This is all unread/unedited so please don't bitch at me about spelling or whatever because I'm tired and cranky.

samjjones
11-03-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a project and a midterm on Thursday, so I decide Wednesday is a great night and immediately RSVP with a resounding yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Super. Just curious...how many current NYU dudes post regularly to OOT?

Evan
11-03-2005, 12:59 PM
If you're one then I know of three.

samjjones
11-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Negative. I am an old (30) dude.

Soul Daddy
11-03-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-I investigated Mark L's theory that Dirty is actually Dead. It turns out he isn't (or so he says).

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, Mark L's theory? Didn't everyone assume this? I refuse to accept that Dirty is not the embodiment of Dead's good qualities, which contrary to popular belief, did exist.

Voltron87
11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
i was too busy losing money and throwing stuff around my room to come. i should have. next week i will def make it.

Evan
11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't know if everyone assumed it, maybe. Dirty was much cooler than I imagined Dead would be, so I'm going to vouch for them not being the same person.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
anytime there are $80 bets on what color the flop will be at a .25-.50 tiddlywinks game, something has gone horribly wrong. or right. you decide.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 01:06 PM
should we start a support thread for when you get back from your midterm evan?

Evan
11-03-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
should we start a support thread for when you get back from your midterm evan?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. And just so we're clear, "getting back from my midterm" will be temporarily haluted while I go to Crocker's FM class to hand in my cost of debt case that I did in less than an hour this morning. I suck at life.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Are you guys even seniors yet? Jesus.

whitelime
It's whitelime and jcmack.

Evan
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not. I don't get what this means though. Please explain. Maybe I'll understand it when I'm a senior? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if everyone assumed it, maybe. Dirty was much cooler than I imagined Dead would be, so I'm going to vouch for them not being the same person.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, thanks? !

Evan
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's whitelime and jcmack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to change your name to "whiteline" and make you a title referring to your coke addiction.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's whitelime and jcmack13.

[/ QUOTE ]

whitelime
What is your logic behind deciding that I somehow have a coke addiction?

ezmogee
This is my favorite post in the history of 2+2

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not. I don't get what this means though. Please explain. Maybe I'll understand it when I'm a senior? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause your way younger and probably more mature than me?

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 01:29 PM
evan is much smaller than everyone thinks. when he walked into the room i didn't see him until i looked down.

mmbt0ne
11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really cool you can be a 4th year and not be a senior.

sfer
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Keep this lame [censored] on facebook or myspace or your pathetic little blogs.

BottlesOf
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Whoa I missed 10,000?!?!? CONGRATS DAVE!!! Looking back on your life...any regrets??? Maybe post 1?

11-03-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa I missed 10,000?!?!? CONGRATS DAVE!!! Looking back on your life...any regrets??? Maybe post 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its Sfer

kyro
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its Sfer

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its Sfer

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

look at his post count, then figure it out.

InchoateHand
11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Less than three hooker, no blow = uncool.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Less than three hooker, no blow = uncool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we mentioned this last night. The only thing the game needed was some hot chicks.

Which one of the players knows a lot of, and needs to hook me up.

ozyman
11-03-2005, 02:56 PM
God, I miss school. Sounds like a good time, hopefully I will be able to meet some of these characters Sunday at Crimson 2.

PITTM
11-03-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PWANZORED!!!

rj

Evan
11-03-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is your logic behind deciding that I somehow have a coke addiction?

[/ QUOTE ]
It will make more sense when your name is "White Line".

Evan
11-03-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh stfu. You started a thread because you saw some NPR chick at shake shack. This is easily twice as cool as that.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh stfu. You started a thread because you saw some NPR chick at shake shack. This is easily twice as cool as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

3x, maybe.

jcmack13
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm the nameless one. It was a good time, plus I had a nice run at props. I woke up hungover and completely bewildered as to how I could be up ~$200 after a few rounds of .25/.50. Then I remembered that black >>> red.

Evan and whitelime spent a lot of the night engaged in high-level debate on the merits of limit versus no-limit hold'em. I opened my seventh stella and went "woooo black flop!"

samjjones
11-03-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I opened my seventh stella and went "woooo black flop!"

[/ QUOTE ]
College kids drinking Stella Artois?

http://sawlady.virtualave.net/CindyAdams.jpg

"Only in New York, kids...only in New York"

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bahahaahaha

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not. I was perfectly happy with my Bass, and then when that ran out, i had to move down to Sarnac

Evan
11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I lost 4x the buy in for the game we were playing betting on colors and got drunk the night before two major assignments = I'm more mature than you?

Wow dude, you must be [censored] up.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not. I was perfectly happy with my Bass, and then when that ran out, i had to move down to Sarnac

[/ QUOTE ]

Saranac? Where do they sell these in NYC? Pft on moving down btw.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I lost 4x the buy in for the game we were playing betting on colors and got drunk the night before two major assignments = I'm more mature than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, I've been busy all day trying to figure out how much weed I will need to bring with me if I meet up with you guys this weekend.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saranac? Where do they sell these in NYC? Pft on moving down btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a deli on 5th ave and i think 12th or 13th on the west side of the street.

razor
11-03-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He spent his college years playing with a dildo... so, yeah.

cokehead
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a project and a midterm on Thursday, so I decide Wednesday is a great night and immediately RSVP with a resounding yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Super. Just curious...how many current NYU dudes post regularly to OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a NYU student too, though not undergrad. also dont have a coke addiction, maybe i should change my name.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He spent his college years playing with a dildo... so, yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

who didn't?

btw evan, did you fail?

Evan
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw evan, did you fail?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I think i did really well, which is extra shocking since I blew off my last 90 minutes of studying to have lunch with JBB.

InchoateHand
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
of course evan failed. I already told you. You guys are three hookers and a couple eightballs short of cool. You think uncool people succeed?