PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet by a TAG

Spicymoose
11-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Villain here is 22/14, but I havn't been able to watch him too much. Range for BB after preflop action? I would guess TT-AA, AQ+, KQs, AJs+.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Stefan_K
11-03-2005, 11:41 AM
i would have played the same

jba
11-03-2005, 11:47 AM
I like how you played it. I do think your preflop range is a bit too wide, that sounds a bit like my range and my pfr is much higher. but it's not really relevant for the hand.

He's playing this sorta like TT or JJ would I guess (i think the stop and go is a bit odd in this spot -- he may think you are raising overs though), but the pot is big enough to just get to showdown I think.

groo
11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
I would have folded preflop, but A9o is close enough that I'm not sure it matters one way or the other. Once you're in, I like the flop raise, it tells the villian you have something and lets him react. BB's lead on the turn almost certainly means you are behind, but the pot is big enough and your 9's will be good or you will draw out often enough to make the call down a good play. I like it.

11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
strange that he donked into you on the turn....

i'd probably raise the turn, and check river UI

Spicymoose
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get your plan. What hands do you think he is leading the turn with? AQ or AK are the only semi likely ones that I am ahead of. Are you folding to a turn 3-bet? Are you folding if he bets the river?

Another downfall of your plan is that sometimes AK or AQ will fold, whereas we might have got another bet from them on the river if we would have simply called.

jba
11-03-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get your plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either for the reasons you mentioned.

The turn donk is actually pretty strange though given what we think of his range after he just calls on the flop. I wondered if tx was putting him on a turned flush draw?

i still dont like a turn raise