PDA

View Full Version : What to play from SB?

King_J
06-16-2003, 05:48 AM
I play alot 5handed max. Mostly 2-4, 3-6 or 5-10. The games are often not that hard to beat with. Itīs often loose passive games even though they might be aggressive sometimes.

My biggest problem is the starting hands from SB. Lets say that cutoff open limps and a loose passive guy is in the big blind. Should I call with these hands?

a. K2s
b. 78o
c. Q8o
d. 33
e. T7s
all comments very welcome!!!

When there are 2 or even 3 limpers, should I tighten up or play even more suit hands?

philnewall
06-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Is it no limit or limit?

K2s

Yes at no limit, but be prepared to fold if a king flops. I don't think I would play this at limit, unless my opponents were terrible. I wouldnt play this at pot limit, because in pot limit you shouldnt play draws out of position.
b. 78o
Same again.

c. Q8o
I don't think I would play this, too many ways to make a second best hand, unless it was folded all the way around and a weak player is in the BB.
d. 33
I would play this is any game.
e. T7s
Yes in no limit, in limit, it depends on my opponents and whose in, but not at pot limit.

Hope it helps.

King_J
06-17-2003, 05:37 PM
It is fixed limit.Sorry that I forgot to mention that in the last post.

Looks like I need to do some more folding. So I guess I can have some better hands in this post. There is a loose passive game where the opponents bet when they have it and fold when they donīt... not very tricky players. But they arenīt that bad either. Lets say thypical low limit players who knows the game quite well.

There is one losse passive limper from cutoff(5 handed table 3$-6$). I am in small blind (1.5$) with
a. K8o
b. K7o
c. Q9o
d. Q7s
e. 75s
f. A2o

Should I call or fold with them?

Feel free to comment, I need help badly from this position!!

lefty rosen
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
King 2 off or suited should only be played with everyone in and you should chase your draw, if the king hits be vary weary and bang on the cheap round if anybody bets into the king it maybe a bluff. to be honest drawing hands that are low connected or medium connected and if they are suited are musts you can take out a nice pot if an over hits and you catch two pairs or the straight........ King eight isn't too bad either its the ultimate middle of the road hand that is playable on a shorttable....

stripsqueez
06-18-2003, 12:43 AM
your putting in $1.50 to win $7.50 and you are competing with a loose limper and the unknown big blind so i dont think any of the hands you mention are a big mistake

i dont like 75s - low ranking , drawing hands are not great in a 3 way pot and horribly out of posistion from the front - against a player who will fold the big blind i would sometimes raise with A2 and maybe some of the others you mention

Michael Davis
06-18-2003, 06:10 PM
I know this is the standard answer when one can't offer anything legitimate, but I think it really depends on how often these players are folding postflop. If they are folding every time they miss the flop, I think you can play a whole lot of garbage from this spot. If you play well after the flop and can take down a lot of pots that aren't rightfully yours, you can play just about anything.

-Mike

bunky9590
06-18-2003, 07:23 PM
I would play C and F against tough players in an aggressive natured game. If I can flat out hands down out play the rest of the people and the BB RARELY raises, I can call with almost all of those hands, I would shy away from the weak Kings though.