PDA

View Full Version : What has this forum become?

MyMindIsGoing
11-03-2005, 10:57 AM
There seems to be more questions with "what should I buy?" than "I need help with". The answer also seems to be 2Gb every time. I think this forum is headed in the wrong direction.

FouTight
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, but, these types of questions don't really belong any where else. Also, if the person needs assistance in choosing a product, thats help to some degree.

I don't see a problem with it.

krimson
11-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I thought the answer was "It depends".

MyMindIsGoing
11-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but when everyone just says to buy "the best" what is the point? I do not think I will contribute more, it does not feel right anymore.

FouTight
11-03-2005, 11:50 AM
then don't, it's not a big deal, but it's definately better then them posting in any of the other forums. You don't have to reply to every thread, of course, people complain when nobody answers their stupid questions, but, who cares?

You don't have a responsibily to answer everyone's pointless questions.

MyMindIsGoing
11-03-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but, who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I mean... Oh, well. Sign of the times I guess, noone gives a [censored] about anything and most people do not even take the time to say thank you (and mean it).

FouTight
11-03-2005, 12:06 PM
basically, there are criteria that a question has to meet for me. In particular...

A) I have to know, or think I have a pretty good idea of what the actual answer is.

B) the question has to be understable, complete, and just generally not stupid

C) Not cross posted and not vague, I refuse to answer questions that someone posts in 2 or more forums.

You seem to be complaining as though this is your job and something you have to do. Just don't answer if it bothers you, occasionally though, there are really great questions that deserve good answers.

MyMindIsGoing
11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
No it is not my job, however the bad attitude from people like you has sank this forum to the bottom on 2+2. Thank you.

I am off, maybe I see some of you on other forums, another time.

FouTight
11-03-2005, 12:17 PM
People like me?

I have never asked you for help, I don't owe you anything, and you certianly aren't hurting me by not posting here.

MyMindIsGoing
11-03-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People like me?

I have never asked you for help, I don't owe you anything, and you certianly aren't hurting me by not posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say you did? No, you do not owe me anything. You are the type of person to only spread [censored] around you. You contribute with nothing and only make stupid posts. This forum is now filled with people like yourself. So go [censored] yourself.

FouTight
11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
You seem to have problems. I guess you don't want anyone to post an opinion of something that is different then yours, but thats not going to happen. otherwise, I have no idea what the hell you are going on about.

astroglide
11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The answer also seems to be 2Gb every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

that "answer" is generally wrong.

i've only been visiting here for about a week, but you clearly stand out as the standard "knows enough to be dangerous and really shouldn't be handing out advice" guy.