PDA

View Full Version : ARod & Poker?

JimRivett
11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the B&M or NVG forum.

So I'm reading this morning's LA Times Sports section and on page D8 there is a "Newswire" section where they catch up on the news of non football/basketball/hockey sports where I come across this paragraph -

"Yankee third baseman Alex Rodriguez was cautioned by the team that playing poker in illegal clubs could be dangerous and harmful to his image, according to the New York Daily News. Scott Boras, Rodriguez's agent, denied the report"

I'm confused as to what exactly Boras is denying, that Rodriguez plays poker, that he plays it in illegal clubs, that playing poker, legally or illegally, can be dangerous or harmful to his image, that the New York Daily News reported it, that .... I think you get my point.

DRKEVDC
11-03-2005, 10:31 AM
As a Boston fan who despises him, I actually found myself laughing over the thought that this would hurt his image. Him showing that he is another one of the guys will do nothing but help his image.

I just hope that every hand he plays gets cracked!!!

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
wow, this thread is so yesterday (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3841930&an=0&page=0#Post 3841930)

Toro
11-03-2005, 04:47 PM
It was a bad beat for all Foxwoods regulars when the Red Sox let him slip away. My buddy who has played holdem against him told me he's a very good donator.