PDA

View Full Version : Bet the board trick here?????

Buccaneer
11-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry about converter malfunction. The important aspect of the hand is readable. Loose guy had AA and may be madder than I am about this hand. At the river when the worst card possible fell I almost tried the evil bet out on the board trick and see if someone will fold. I always do it on a hand with multiple players because it usually forces one fold that covers the increased rake. I don't like to do it when there is only two players at showdown because I think that it is a slimey trick very close to cheating. Should I do it in a situation like this?

Party Poker (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
6 folds</font>.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)</font>

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)</font>
Hero checks.

River: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Loose guy checks.

Final Pot:

WalkAmongUs
11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Its not worth it. Virtually no one will fold. The nuts are on the board. Even the most retarded donk can see that. Pointless bet IMO.

11-03-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't understand what you're getting at here. Why would you bother betting the river? Who would possibly fold with the nut straight on the table? Nobody could possibly fail to notice the straight.

11-03-2005, 01:45 PM
im guessing rake is capped?

if so you have to bet out here. anything could happen.

his internet could cut out and he could have no dp. he could accidentally hit the wrong button. for the one in a 1000 chance, you are risking zero. its infinitely +ev to bet....

to those saying there is no point, check this out:

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, showing K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

wrong button..... for 14.5 BB

bottomset
11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
why didn't you bet the turn

WalkAmongUs
11-03-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im guessing rake is capped?

if so you have to bet out here. anything could happen.

his internet could cut out and he could have no dp. he could accidentally hit the wrong button. for the one in a 1000 chance, you are risking zero. its infinitely +ev to bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you could bet for fun. But the incidents mentioned above happen so rarely its almost pointless.

Also, I think the OP was only discussing betting when the nuts are on the board.

cold_cash
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that it is a slimey trick very close to cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the river? How's that cheating?

Here's the thing: I've seen plenty of morans who will fold to this bet. There's nothing 'slimey' about it.

Early in my online poker career I've also thought, "Well, I have the nut one-card straight and he just raised me on the river, we must be chopping so I'll call" only to see a hand other than another nut one-card straight. The lesson? People are stupid.

If the rake is capped in this hand, there is no downside to betting. Will he fold? I doubt it, but maybe it's that one time in a thousand.

(And I'm also curious about bottomset's question.)

WalkAmongUs
11-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I think it boils down to this:

Would I bet the nuts on the board at .5/1? It might be worth a shot.

Would I bet it at 3/6 or 5/10? Its almost pointless.

cold_cash
11-03-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it boils down to this:

Would I bet the nuts on the board at .5/1? It might be worth a shot.

Would I bet it at 3/6 or 5/10? Its almost pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the rake is capped, what percentage of the time does your opponent have to fold to make betting profitable?

(And while there are probably more morans playing .50/1, there are still plenty of them playing 3/6 and 5/10 also.)

deception5
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the rake is capped, what percentage of the time does your opponent have to fold to make betting profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Even if it's .01% of the time it's profitable.

WalkAmongUs
11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Even if it's .01% of the time it's profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the nuts hits the board I will bet faithfully everytime in honor of this thread.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-03-2005, 05:21 PM
The most retarded donks can't see that. Now, granted it helps alot if you have been betting hard the whole way, then the tards go into "OMG I NEED TO HIT MIRACLE CARDS TO WIN THIS" and look for specific stuff they have to hit to win. When they miss, they see the bet, and fold. It especially helps if what happens is...

Hero bets, Donk+1 Raises, Donk +2 Calls, Donk+3 folds.

Hero of course folds. With the raise and overcaller they must be on a higher wrap around straight.

WalkAmongUs
11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the raise and overcaller they must be on a higher wrap around straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only speaking of when the NUTS are on the board. Thus if I bet I don't care about any raises or anything. The only thing that can happen is everyone still in the hand splits.

But yes, you should bet and hope someone folds at some point while you're playing playing. If it ever happens, you profit so its gotta be worth the longshot. Only if the rake is capped though.

DownUnder
11-03-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why didn't you bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]