PDA

View Full Version : Seem reasonable?

deception5
11-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Only been at the table for one orbit.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Is bet/fold or check/fold a better line here on the river against default opponents?

27offsooot
11-03-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Is bet/fold or check/fold a better line here on the river against default opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would u fold for one bet with the second flush? Board's paired, so possibly fold to a three bet. Turn raise, i think is somewhat interesting. I like it though.

PTjvs
11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Check/folding the river is definately awful. I like bet/call actually, but bet/fold may be fine w/a strong read. I actually don't like the turn raise though; You definately have some equity with your draws, but I don't think SB is betting out on the turn into a 4man field w/o being ahead of your current 2ndPGK made hand.

Sinnister
11-03-2005, 10:31 AM
i think its a check call, the 2 callers behind ur turn raise indictae strongly someone has an ace id check call one bet fold to two, i think uve exhausted ur aggression on this hand. That turn raise was interesting, not sure i liked it, especially in a game where its not limiting the field.

jt1
11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
I like the turn raise if you think that a ten will fold.
I might bet the river but I'd be scared to do it, because, I know that I couldn't fold to a raise. And btw, i don't think you should.

deception5
11-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the responses all!

My only reason for mentioning check/folding on the river was that after the button cold called 2 on the turn it was very likely that the river card helped him as a set just became a boat and the ace of diamonds just improved to the nut flush. Upon further reflection though I think it's very possible he has the ten of diamonds here especially if he has something like JxTd so I do like the river bet. I'm not sure about calling a raise though.

As far as the turn raise, my thought was that if SB had improved to a flush there was a good chance he'd check/raise here. As was mentioned, folding a ten cleans up my queen outs as well. Finally it forces the players behind me to define their hands and if both fold lets me take a free showdown unimproved or bet for value if I do improve.