PDA

View Full Version : Do I bet turn? 99 w position, lead, but A and caller on flush flop

MyTurn2Raise
11-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Opponent (Snelly23) is 31/21/3 over 225 hands..notes thus far: very aggressive, raises with all hands I consider playable preflop, no real trash shown yet, bets draws (even gutshots) on flop

player was showing numerous winners

Texas Hold'em $2-$4 (real money)

PRE-FLOP
2 folds, snelly23 bets $4, 2 folds, HERO [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif] bets $6, 2 folds,blinds fold, snelly23 calls $2.

FLOP [ 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/club.gif,A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
snelly23 checks, HERO bets $2, snelly23 calls $2.

TURN [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
snelly23 checks, HERO checks.

RIVER [8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
snelly23 bets $4, HERO calls $4.

SHOWDOWN

My table image is that I had been winning consistently over the past hour...up about $80 on the two tables with this opponent, playing 17/10/3 clip

sean c
11-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I would rather bet the turn and check the river through than check the turn and call a bet on the river. Then again you do have flush outs and the turn card was paint so getting check/raised would suck and i would be tempted to call it but i think if i checked the turn i would probably fold the river UI unless you think your picking off a bluff here one out of six times.

goofball
11-03-2005, 10:01 AM
i think you do pick him off one out of six times. busted clubs or whatever. I check behind on the tunr too. Nice hand.

flopmonster
11-03-2005, 10:27 AM
i think hes schooled at least 1/6 here...well played

11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm betting the turn, and taking a free showdown.
Reasons:
Give him a chance to fold JJ or TT
Protecting you hand against overs/FD

In my opinion this is a FAR superior play compared to checking the turn and calling the river.

If he was a little bit tighter this would be a case where you should just give up after he calls you on the flop.

ReadyEddie
11-03-2005, 11:57 AM
i agree, bet the turn to give him a chance to fold.
its a much better line, costs you the same, protects, and gives you a chance to improve maybe.

hobbsmann
11-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I like the turn check, it's a check behind with outs kind of situation. I would probably like to see a turn bet from 99 no crub, but with your flush draw the check is good.

@bsolute_luck
11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
do we fold this turn to a raise?
do we bet the river again if called here?

question 1: K/images/graemlins/club.gif/Q, slowplayed flush A or Q and we could be up against a made hand with a higher flush draw. or is this MUBS?

question 2: does he cap JJ/TT preflop? he didn't here, but assume he doesn't, he could be calling down with a lone /images/graemlins/club.gif hoping to hit, so we should bet the river again.

i don't think this is a "check with outs" situation.

MyTurn2Raise
11-03-2005, 04:32 PM
My thinking in checking the turn is this player is very aggressive and could c/r me with a worse hand than what I'm holding. I would hate to be stuck in that spot.
Though I haven't seen it yet, a person who is 31/21/3 could bluff at the river when I check the turn. The downside that I saw was if a K, J, or T hit the river that could improve the opponents hand. I also might allow a naked K /images/graemlins/club.gif or Q /images/graemlins/club.gif infinite drawing odds. Other than that, I think I'm either ahead or behind already.

Results below in white:
<font color="white"> Opponent had AT spades. Oh well...I don't think a turn bet would've mattered here. </font>

I think the situation is interesting, because I'm finding the big leaks at the cryptos, poker network, and prima rooms are the LAGs. There just are not enough fish there. So, I'm working on my play verse LAGs.