PDA

View Full Version : Very tough Hand

REL18
11-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Review 7 of the 9 remaining players are all sucessful poker players some 5/10 limit multi table others tournies all have read all the 2+2 books pot ods etc. Id say the players are equivalent of at least 50+5 pp players but more likley 100+9 players. Blinds started 10/20 with 2k stacks every 20 minutes they raise 20/40 30/60 etc. Ive lost about 550 chips poor playing, im perceived as tight and willing to give up the big blind against aggressive raising even though i have stated it isnt true in the game. so i get a9s on the bb mp player that always always if nobody has raised me will raise me know he accidently raises to 400 but he geniunly meant to raise to 200 the seat after him the weakest player at the table calls and the seat after that calls also the 3rd caller is an aggressive high risk hi stack big stack or go broke bust player hand range as weak as low pp sooted connects or ace rag sooted so i look down at a9s and push for my 1400 chips i know that the original raiser only raised to get my blinds the player after him called but had shown previously a tendency to release his hand so i assumed he would too the player to my right (considered the best heads up player in the group) calls exactly what i assumed would happen. Orignal raiser has about 5k in chips 1st caller 4k 3rd caller 7.5k Good or bad idea. Another factor was that just a bit earlier a very obvious squeeze play wqas put on still on peoples minds.

11-03-2005, 07:46 AM
I can't be bothered to read all that. Please try to be more concise in the future and structure your posts better.

REL18
11-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Blinds 30/60
Starting Stack 2k
Im known tight supposedly over tight in BB
MP raises to 400 means to raise to 200 but always raises if he is first to come into pot against me
1st caller is weakest player at table calls but has shown tendency to fold if big action afterwards
2nd caller very laggy go big or go home style
I get a9s in bb push 1400 chips into 1200+90 blinds pot
All players are very skilled except 2 of remaning 9
top 3 get money but very step payout structure

tigerite
11-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Nah it's not a very tough hand, it's a fold (for me anyway).. and I don't think it's particularly close.

REL18
11-03-2005, 07:58 AM
How so with everyone around me at 5-7k in stacks with 13m and 2.8-1 pot odds esp considering the condition first raiser doesnt have a hand 1st caller is weak and 2nd caller is gambling i feel i have the best hand or at least a 45 55 situation with an underpair, i clearly see here nobody with a strong hand

11-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Let me get this right. There was a raise and a re-raise and you push with A9?? How can you not think anyone is strong here. Fold this and let the other 2 battle it out. It's too early for this move.

REL18
11-03-2005, 08:41 AM
The hands in the end were 66 folded kj folded a8 called i was right seems that if u know one guy raising cuz he thinks hell still idiot calls aggro calls a push ehre makes sense

splashpot
11-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Dude, learn to type some understandable English.

[ QUOTE ]
MP raises to 400 means to raise to 200 but always raises if he is first to come into pot against me

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means. He raises to 400 or 200?

[ QUOTE ]
How so with everyone around me at 5-7k in stacks with 13m and 2.8-1 pot odds esp considering the condition first raiser doesnt have a hand 1st caller is weak and 2nd caller is gambling i feel i have the best hand or at least a 45 55 situation with an underpair, i clearly see here nobody with a strong hand

[/ QUOTE ]
13m? What is that? If you're talking about Harrington's M, you have more than 13. You'd have an M of 15.5. And this is not a close decision at all. You should fold this. I'd even fold AJ and maybe hands as good as AQ. A9 is junk here. I'd say at least 70% of the time you're dominated by a better ace by at least one other player. You have a raise, and 2 callers. If you know they are weak players, there is a higher chance they'll call. A showdown right now with A9 is a nightmare.

And again, learn to type clear sentences.

splashpot
11-03-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The hands in the end were 66 folded kj folded a8 called i was right seems that if u know one guy raising cuz he thinks hell still idiot calls aggro calls a push ehre makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]
You got lucky. Trust us, your push here makes very little sense.

11-03-2005, 01:55 PM
First, did you just read "Tender Buttons"? If so, temper it with some Hemingway or "On Writing Well" or "The Elements of Style". Regarding the hand -- this is not a good push. I would guess that 1/10 times you are even the crappy side of a coinflip when the cards flip up here. I save pushes with A9 for when I'm very short stacked relative to the blinds and first in after a few folds. Another time pushing with A9 as a blind defense might be correct is if you are playing at a tight table, and every time it folds to the button on your blind he min-raises. After a few of these weak steals, I might push over the top as a resteal with variety of holdings -- the ace would be insurance if he calls.

DDH
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You got lucky. Trust us, your push here makes very little sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, don't be results oriented.

REL18
11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
guess this is very read dependt cuz i felt i had the best hand or at worst a pair under 99 was calling me now assuming this is right is this the right play

11-03-2005, 08:31 PM
You can't speak coherent English, and it's not even close!