PDA

View Full Version : A live hand and a tell

stokken
11-03-2005, 07:12 AM
Yhe hand in itself is modestly intereting, it is my opponents behaviour I wonder what others experience is when iterpretating

I am in lp with TT, I have a decent stack. Mp raises it 3xbb, he has me covered

BB completes

Flopp A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,T /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, his check had me pussled as he would normally follow up with a bet. I bet the pot, bb folds. The oop then gets on his feet,says all in, push the chips and walk away from the table. Made hand or drawing you think? What do you make of him not wanting to see the immidiate action and leaving his chair. I watched him and he glanced over sometimes and was sort of pacing behind our table.

AlphaWice
11-03-2005, 07:47 AM
I don't think anyone folds second set here.

gobboboy
11-03-2005, 07:49 AM
http://gobboboy.homestead.com/files/windmillslam.jpg

Windmill slam.

stokken
11-03-2005, 08:35 AM
I didnt fold. I thought he was drawing to the flush, holding an A and not a top kicker, or KK-QQ. It is the tell I am wondering about, when someone does this I read it as they are not sure of their move or they feel that they are gambling it up. Just wondered what others think. Would you lean towards him being afraid of the draw,the A, or the one hoping to complete his draw.

Explain "windmill slam" please?

gobboboy
11-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Take the cards in your palm and swing your arm around in a 360 degree arc in the air like a windmill and slam them onto the table. That's how good your hand is.

stokken
11-03-2005, 08:49 AM
As I said the hand in itself is modestly interesting, I know it is a good hand. But what about my opponents behaviour, what would you make of it???

Matador225
11-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Looks like a flush draw to me. Maybe K8 of hearts or something like that.

11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
call and know that if he has the A's (which he does), that you made the right decision. you can't be scared to get all your money in when you believe you have the best hand. you will never build a decent stack if you fold these type of hands, regardless of what "tell" you think he is displaying. How do you know his tell is strength and not weakness? Your read on him is a lot more valid when you have a marginal hand, but you have 2nd nuts right now. Call and tell him nice hand when he turns over A's.

stokken
11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I did tell him nice hand. And I do play my good hands strong, there are just to many times they show something different. But I have thought that getting up from the table is sort of a unconsious way of telling I really dont want to see what happens until its over. And where interested in a general opinion or experience wheter most then see a weak or strong hand

Slow Play Ray
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Since nobody else here seems to be able to read what you're asking, I'll answer.

I would initially read this action as him not wanting to see what happens, so I would want put him on the nut flush draw with a pair, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. But this is not a typical MP 3xBB raising hand, so it is also possible he got married to KK or QQ and is praying you don't have an A, or will fold a weak A. He could be on the straight flush draw with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

And the last option, of course, is that he is putting on an act, and has either 88 and thinks he has you crushed, or AA and actually has you crushed.

So what did he have?

*Edit* Oh, he had Aces huh? Well, then he was probably putting on an act.

stokken
11-03-2005, 11:16 AM
I read him correctly when I saw his behaviour as an act of not wanting to see the action until it was over and nervousness. He showed AA when I called, and rose because he was afraid of the flush draw, saying he had busted with AA against flushes so many times, when we spoke later. I just couldnt make up my mind wether he was anxious because drawing or because of the draw possibility.

11-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I respectfully disagree with Ray. Having played in enough B&M and home tourny's. Players that get up from the table usually do so consistently whether bluffing or if they really have the goods. The only way you can isolate this as a tell is if you have played with this player before and they only do this with monsters etc... Generally this is the exception and not the rule. If the player is a decent player at all, he gets up in all of his allin situations, just for the reason of not advertising a tell.

schwza
11-03-2005, 12:46 PM
you should've said you had AJ or AQ. then you would've gotten some more interesting discussion.

TBone
11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
See this post from the World Poker Tour, etc. forum

All in...then walk away from the table?!? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3803879&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

T

SossMan
11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
the all in w/ the get up and walk from the table act is almost always a huge hand. Of course, you have to define what huge means to that player. AK could qualify in this instance. TT is, of course, and instacall here, but in general, it's a big hand. I've seen this with AA preflop too many times to count. It seems to be prevelant w/ Asians for some reason, too, FWIW.