PDA

View Full Version : Hand vs. Rmarotti & Weevil

private joker
11-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Commerce 9/18. I should table change because there's two TAGs here: RMarotti & Weevil. But both of them are on my left and the rest of the table is fishy, plus I can actually talk to people for once. So I stick around.

Reads aren't all that important in this hand, but MP2 is a donk who is sipping some sort of whisky-type cocktail and talking a lot about everyone's hands (after the pot as been shipped), telling them he knew all along what they had. RMarotti and Weevil are both playing normally, which is to say not totally LAGging it up except at a few occasions where raises tend to be variance-increasing but not necessarily value-riffic.

3 players limp to me in the hijack with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I limp along, and RMarotti limps in the CO. Button folds, and Weevil raises in the SB. Everyone calls, including me, then it gets to RMarotti. He pauses and thinks, and Weevil sees it coming: a limp-reraise. Weevil caps, everyone calls, and there's 7 to the flop for 28 small bets.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Weevil bets out, gets a few callers, I call (planning to raise any non-A turn), RMarotti calls.

Turn brings K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Weevil bets, gets 2 callers, inclduing MP2. Now I raise. RMarotti insta-mucks. Weevil 3-bets, one fish folds, but MP2 cold-calls 2.

What's my plan now? And based on what my plan should be, talk to me about the river given various scenarios.

Also, how's my flop and turn play?

This was quite a hand (and I'd also love to talk about how Weevil played his hand once we get through the discussion).

Nick C
11-03-2005, 06:03 AM
I don't like that turn card very much, and I'm not sure I'd carry through with the raise, though maybe I should.

The thing is, though, if Weevil 3-bets and helps you protect your hand, that probably means you're drawing anyway. And when Weevil leads the turn, I'm having trouble putting him on a hand any worse than top pair (unless he capped with JTs), and I suspect he has better.

I think my plan on the river (unimproved) would to be call, so long as it's just one bet to me. If I improved, I raise and make a crying call on a 3-bet. If MP2 wakes up with a raise and I just have two pair, I guess I'll grudgingly fold. I don't know though. What's in the pot going into the river -- somethiing like 27 BBs? I might pay off and hope MP2 is just seeing really blurry or is making a big raise on the river for the hell of it.

toss
11-03-2005, 06:15 AM
I like calling down. Weevil should think you have better than two pair after you've raised the turn.

I'd also raise PF just because I'd hate to have another 2p2er to act right after me.

baronzeus
11-03-2005, 06:18 AM
if weevil's capping range is JJ-AA, AK, theres no way you should raise that turn.

i just raise the flop hoping to get 3bet.

private joker
11-03-2005, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if weevil's capping range is JJ-AA, AK, theres no way you should raise that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But at the time my thinking was his capping range is broader given that the 3-bet came from RMarotti, who will limp-reraise a LOT of hands here (small PPs, suited connectors, etc. -- pot-building hands that work well multiway in gigantic pots). If Weevil's hand was good enough to raise from the SB for value, then it might as well be good enough to raise again when Rich opens it back up. Rich would never limp-reraise from the CO with AA/KK. He'd only do that from UTG, and even at that I doubt it. At Commerce 9/18, there's no need to LRR AA/KK.

bakku
11-03-2005, 07:27 AM
you need to raise the flop. with your position relative to weevil you have no way to protect your hand at any point in the hand so just get your bets in on the flop.

lautzutao
11-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Flop is fine.

I'd call the turn and river bets unless a 9 or 8 comes up(then you raise obviously), and would muck if an A or K come up and you get an overcaller. Looks pretty much looks like he's holding AK AA or KK here. But I couldn't muck the hand anyway because of pot size so...call down.

I don't think I could have put in the raise on the turn with the K hitting the board and the cap occuring Preflop. What hands are you beating when that K hit?

bakku
11-03-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you need to raise the flop. with your position relative to weevil you have no way to protect your hand at any point in the hand so just get your bets in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i changed my mind, flop call is fine

private joker
11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What hands are you beating when that K hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ/AJ/ATs. And maybe he's taking one more stab with QQ out of desperation.

private joker
11-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Bump for the post-Vegas crew.

onegymrat
11-07-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A 9 8. Weevil bets out, gets a few callers, I call (planning to raise any non-A turn), RMarotti calls.

Turn brings K Weevil bets, gets 2 callers, inclduing MP2. Now I raise. RMarotti insta-mucks. Weevil 3-bets, one fish folds, but MP2 cold-calls 2.

[/ QUOTE ] I guess we're only concentrating on Weevil. Call him down. Though the average tight player may have a big set from the SB, most posters will play AJs/ ATs with just as much aggession.

I would like a flop raise here. You are probably ahead and should do so now, while everyone's still in. A turn raise would be terrific, but there are three players between you there won't be much protection. If you were the BB, then it's a different story. [ QUOTE ]
This was quite a hand (and I'd also love to talk about how Weevil played his hand once we get through the discussion).

[/ QUOTE ]Having stated this, Weevil obviously does NOT have AA/KK/AK.

McGahee
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Given your relative position and the calling station in the middle, I don't see how he can't give you credit for a hand here since your raise clearly isn't a FSP or anything, so I call down after his 3-bet.
I dig the flop & turn play.

private joker
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Nothing else?

OK, so the river brought a complete blank. Now Weevil checks it! The fish checks, and I can't find the testicles necessary to bet. So I check behind. Does anyone bet when checked to, here? Or are you absolutely delighted to get a free showdown?