PDA

View Full Version : I never know if I should fold these

LoaferGee12
11-03-2005, 02:47 AM
Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.00 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ....

They kill me. I know I have to call the turn for the hidden outs, but then when i never improve on the river I'm alway s stuck not knowing what to do.

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Reads make this a lot easier. It's still tough, but it's a lot easier.

jaxUp
11-03-2005, 02:53 AM
seriously, we usually all do what you do if the board is like this:

1) fold and wonder if we were good
or
2)call down, get pissed off if we lose, and think we're good if we win

I honestly don't think there's too much of a difference here. A9 I might fold, but AT I might call. It's pretty arbitrary

shadow29
11-03-2005, 02:53 AM
jsut q798t ntopw =uoui never win at po ker.,

ajust ask rkursho. kurohsc. l kruchose. kurosh. there we go.

LoaferGee12
11-03-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow, I managed to translate that. Wasn't very useful tho /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, what's your old name?

LoaferGee12
11-03-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reads make this a lot easier. It's still tough, but it's a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they do but it still comes up enough where I gotta know how to do it vs unknown. And Jax, those are my thoughts exactly /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 03:09 AM
On this board, there are just not enough A's that you beat, let alone A's that would raise that you beat. I think this is a fold against most players.

While knowing the proper action against an unknown is great and all, you should minimize the amount of time that a player is ever unknown. It would at least be polite to tell reponders to use their default player. That tells us you've at least thought about reads and such rather than just cut and pasting from the converter.

LoaferGee12
11-03-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On this board, there are just not enough A's that you beat, let alone A's that would raise that you beat. I think this is a fold against most players.

While knowing the proper action against an unknown is great and all, you should minimize the amount of time that a player is ever unknown. It would at least be polite to tell reponders to use their default player. That tells us you've at least thought about reads and such rather than just cut and pasting from the converter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger /images/graemlins/grin.gif

El Ishmael
11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
I'd fold. That river card sucked majorly re: wookie's point.

kurosh
11-03-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm confused?

Guess I might as well talk about the hand too. I don't know how 1/2 plays. I'd guess they are passive? If they are passive, I'd say you're looking at a minimum of 2-pair. If they're really passive and they only do this with a set or better, I'd fold. If it's 2-pair, then call and fold the river UI. I don't think you are ever good on the river.

pokernicus
11-03-2005, 04:57 AM
I think it's a bit of a toss-up and depends on your read. You're behind to any Ace except A6 and A8, and villain's decision to wait for the turn to raise is usually indicative of strength. On the other hand, the pot is laying you 11:1 to call the river. If I knew something about villain and thought he was reasonable, I'd fold. Otherwise, I might just call to see what he has and get a better sense of this play.

Aaron_
11-03-2005, 06:53 AM
IMHO, I think you'll find some donk "value raising" his diamond draw at least 1 in 12 times. You've gotta be 92% sure you're beat to lay this down.

TomBrooks
11-03-2005, 06:58 AM
You should have no concern about folding the river.

Fold the turn. Edit: Eh, you might have set and two pair outs. But they might not all be clean.

And don't raise preflop OOP in the SB with that crap after two limpers. Thats a good raising hand if your first in from MP on.

Edit: wait. This is six max. Didn't realize that at first. You'll find more semi-bluffs there. Might want to call turn. A read would help. You could be up against two pair already, but it might be a flush or a striaight draw.

Probably fold the river. 2 made a straight to A4 or a two pair to A2. Villian could have a made straight already with 42. Flush draw didn't come in. You might be up against two pair already. Probably fold.

11-03-2005, 08:10 AM
yes this is sometimes a donk raising a flush draw. I do this quite often HU.

kurosh
11-03-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I really want to know what raillery was talking about.

lautzutao
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm apt to call down to find out what kinda player he is...you DO have a fairly decent hand here.