PDA

View Full Version : Ghost city of Varosha

jacki
11-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Had you ever heard of this?

Cyprus is weird. I don't understand why the Turks don't just inhabit the city, instead of leaving it empty. Anyone know wy?

Ghost city of Varosha (http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/000985.html)

PoBoy321
11-03-2005, 02:23 AM
It's the home of the crab people.

jacki
11-03-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's the home of the crab people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh...?

astroglide
11-03-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Huh...?

[/ QUOTE ]

look like crab, talk like people.

peachy
11-03-2005, 02:43 AM
thats really weird...ud think the country would use it to produce money or at least get the cars and what not out of there for a profit

jason_t
11-03-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thats really weird...ud think the country would use it to produce money or at least get the cars and what not out of there for a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything there is thirty-years old.

peachy
11-03-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt devalue beach front property

jason_t
11-03-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt devalue beach front property

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't say anything about beach-front property. It would take a lot of work to make sure the infrastructure is safe etc. to make that part of the city inhabitable again.

11-03-2005, 02:59 AM
It would be a pretty awesome practical joke if one of your buddies passed out drunk and you carried him in there and put him in one of the houses. Then when he woke up he'd be like "Holy [censored] I'm in the Twilight Zone!"

jacki
11-03-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be a pretty awesome practical joke if one of your buddies passed out drunk and you carried him in there and put him in one of the houses. Then when he woke up he'd be like "Holy [censored] I'm in the Twilight Zone!"

[/ QUOTE ]

The funniest part would be when the Turkish military shot him for trespassing.

astroglide
11-03-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a great idea.

once when i was considering various funny/strange situations to put somebody in after chloroforming them. i think a good one would be to put somebody in a straitjacket, put a bag over their head, wake them up at the moment they're peaking on a large dosage of lsd, and have it be right at the beginning of a stock car race with them in the passenger seat. if i were at a gas station with a friend and awoke to that, i would have to assume that i had died and gone to hell.

Tron
11-03-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh...?

[/ QUOTE ]

look like crab, talk like people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaha awesome.