PDA

View Full Version : NYC dinner trip report (read this to get to know Paluka)

Ulysses
11-03-2005, 01:55 AM
DrSavage, Paluka, and I were going to dinner tonight. Paluka bailed on me last minute last time like a complete douchebag, so I was looking forward to seeing him, because he is not quite as much of a dick as you probably think. However, he once again bailed. I think he had a last minute Magic strategy roundtable to go to or something.

Right around the time Paluka completely lamed out of things, I noticed turnipmonster posting about dinner with bdk, so I asked if they would like to join us. While he, like Paluka, is also a veggie, he is WAY cooler than Paluka. Of course, those of you who read 2+2 probably consider that to be obvious.

We met at Republic and had some delicous food. Salmon Sashimi Salad, Veggie Dumplings, and Fried Wontons. All delicious. Then we had some delicious entrees. There was $10 extra left over. I dominated these guys at roshambo to win that $10. The domination was just sick.

We then went outside, and I was thinking, maybe someone will want to have one more drink. After a little chatting (I was thinking nobody was up for drinks), Savage suggested a bar. Everyone was down. bdk was "taking the night off from drinking." I think this is reasonable for anyone to do. ANYONE EXCEPT A DUDE WHO PLAYS F'ING INTERNET POKER FOR A JOB. Turnip and Savage, on the other hand, were up for unlimited quantities of Maker's (me and turnip) and vodka (Savage). I was planning to drink many drinks less, but it was good times hanging out w/ these guys.

KaneKungFu123
11-03-2005, 02:00 AM
i'd never have made turnipmonster for a veggie.

Ulysses
11-03-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, he never washes his hair w/ shampoo!!!!

kyro
11-03-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bdk was "taking the night off from drinking." I think this is reasonable for anyone to do. ANYONE EXCEPT A DUDE WHO PLAYS F'ING INTERNET POKER FOR A JOB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful. Thanks.

Jdanz
11-03-2005, 02:06 AM
try the spicy seafood salad.

mason55
11-03-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's as bad as my friend who doesn't brush his teeth in the morning because "you don't eat food while you're asleep"

tpir90036
11-03-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's as bad as my friend who doesn't brush his teeth in the morning because "you don't eat food while you're asleep"

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell him to at least brush his tounge since the bacteria in his mouth have been eating all night long.

bdk3clash
11-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Just wanted to clarify that I said I'm taking some time off from drinking, not just the night.

ZeeJustin
11-03-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume he uses some animal friendly shampoo substitute or something. Otherwise Diablo would have just said, "he doesn't wash his hair."

Eurotrash
11-03-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume he uses some animal friendly shampoo substitute or something. Otherwise Diablo would have just said, "he doesn't wash his hair."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I remember the thread about this. he uses no shampoo/shampoo-like product whatsoever, only water.

KaneKungFu123
11-03-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I remember the thread about this. he uses no shampoo/shampoo-like product whatsoever, only water.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long is his hair?

razor
11-03-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not...

razor
11-03-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, this is correct.

I only use shampoo twice a week (I rinse with water the other days) and my hair is better for it. It is worth trying.

tonypaladino
11-03-2005, 03:33 AM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Republic. The Salmon rice dish rocks. If anyone wants to challange me to eat copious amounts of Republic Pad Thai, I'm up for a Crimson Challenge

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 03:39 AM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif Republic

I love living one block south of this place.

B Dids
11-03-2005, 03:42 AM
I can vouch for turnipmonster's hair behind soft and fluffy as I was made to touch it when this came up when I met memebers of this same group for dinner a while back (save Diablo who I believe was shockingly not getting some or something).

KaneKungFu123
11-03-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can vouch for turnipmonster's hair behind soft and fluffy as I was made to touch it when this came up when I met memebers of this same group for dinner a while back (save Diablo who I believe was shockingly not getting some or something).

[/ QUOTE ]

what about dry scalp?

RDWallace
11-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Republic is a great place, reasonably priced too. Probably my #1 spot now that I no longer have a company card to charge at Nobu.

turnipmonster
11-03-2005, 10:15 AM
it is nowhere near as bad as that. I always brush my teeth in the morning.

turnipmonster
11-03-2005, 10:20 AM
nice report, it was fun to hang out. good to be back in nyc!

Ulysses
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many Maker's did we have at the second joint?

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude loves keeping track of his drinking.

DrSavage
11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys had four because I had three and was lagging behind but not by much.

turnipmonster
11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I think 4. does that seem right?

Yeti
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still adhering to this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=2627413&S earchpage=1&Main=2627413&Words=-re%3A+El+Diablo&topic=&Search=true#Post2627413)?

coltrane
11-03-2005, 11:36 AM
turnip, what do you use instead of shampoo?.....I told you how I use coconut oil on my skin and hair - but I use it as like an after-wash moisturizer (it's so frickin' dry in Vegas!)....I'll wash and condition my hair ("Tom's Tree Oil Shampoo/Conditioner" - great stuff) and then use it like as a skin lotion/leave-in hair conditioner....it's phenomenal...but I don't know if I've ever heard of an actual alternative to shampoo.....

PS - to anyone planning on making fun of the above, don't bother, you're stupid....

turnipmonster
11-03-2005, 11:44 AM
I just use water man, nothing else. I occasionally wash my hair with shampoo. if I am swimming a lot I will wash my hair more often.

Paluka
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Turnipmonster does have very nice hair.

BottlesOf
11-03-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to clarify that I'm actually more lame than was previously stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

FY to the P

sfer
11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bdk was "taking the night off from drinking when not alone."

[/ QUOTE ]

Slight correction.

scott8
11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just use water man, nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called rinsing, not washing.

Aloysius
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/heart.gif Republic

I love living one block south of this place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Republic - in Union Square?

If so, wow - that place has been there forever! Beautiful interior - don't remember the food being that great. Has it gotten better over time?

TheCroShow
11-04-2005, 03:44 AM
i'm trying that right now, rinsing my hair with water only. my scalp gets dry from time to time, heard through the grapevine that i should try shampooing once or twice a week max, and see if that helps.