PDA

View Full Version : Bottomset's Personal NC Thread

hornsandspurs
11-03-2005, 01:55 AM
This was easily the biggest pot I have won at 1/2 - 42.5 BB! I hit the nut flush on the turn, ended up three way with second nut flush and...a pair of Js /images/graemlins/confused.gif CO says he folded a set of 7s.

Just curious - anybody seen a bigger pot? I'm sure there have been some, but this one blew my mind. The whole time at the river I was saying, "No straight flush!" /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW - how did I play the hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (30.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 42.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9d Kd (flush, king high).
Hero has 3d Ad (flush, ace high).
Button has 9c Js (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 42.50 BB. </font>

milesdyson
11-03-2005, 01:59 AM
post this in the no content thread

and i think you should have raised the flop the first time.

and CO probably did fold a set of 7s.

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 02:08 AM
I'll even give you the link to the NC thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=micro&amp;Number=3809758&amp;fpar t=1&amp;PHPSESSID=) Now you'll have it for future reference. This is the sort of thread I'll usually lock so that it will make way on the front page for strategy, but I've been backing off for new posters so as not to scare them off. We welcome strategy posts with open arms here, but please put brags and such in the NC thread.

Greg J
11-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Yes this is better placed in the NC thread. And I do think you should have raised the flop too.

To the OP: don't take it personally but I'm locking the thread since we have a designated NC thread. That is a pretty cool win though. Glad you took in a nice big pot. We just have a designated place for this stuff.

EDIT: Unlocking in deference to Wook's decision which he posted before I made this post.

jaxUp
11-03-2005, 03:01 AM
bottomset made me do it.

bottomset
11-03-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bottomset made me do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

only because I wanted to read it myself, and was too lazy to look for it

as a sidenote how many LC threads am I allowed? 10? 20? a full day worth of mayhem?

and if its 0, can I please have this thread as my own personal NC thread .. with you guys editing the title of the orig post to say so??

"Bottomset's personal LC/NC thread"

TomBrooks
11-03-2005, 03:40 AM
I'd like my own personal NC/LC thread too. Also, to the distinguished and zealous Moderators: Could you make it a sticky so I don't lose track of it? Thank you.

TomBrooks
11-03-2005, 03:43 AM
That is the biggest 1/2 pot I have ever heard of.

I don't consider this post low content. I consider it like a feature story in a respected newspaper.

Now if it was 32 BB, I would consider it LC. But are we willing to forgo seeing the interesting "feature stories" by lumping all of them into the same banal catagory and encouraging all of them to be placed in that void known as the LC Thread?

Cheers,
TB

irishpint
11-03-2005, 04:42 AM
how did button make it to the river?

bottomset
11-03-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like my own personal NC/LC thread too. Also, to the distinguished and zealous Moderators: Could you make it a sticky so I don't lose track of it? Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

no stickies on threads that aren't locked, and no stealing my idea

[ QUOTE ]
how did button make it to the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get offtopic

this is my thread

Scuba Chuck
11-03-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll even give you the link to the NC thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=micro&amp;Number=3809758&amp;fpar t=1&amp;PHPSESSID=) Now you'll have it for future reference. This is the sort of thread I'll usually lock so that it will make way on the front page for strategy, but I've been backing off for new posters so as not to scare them off. We welcome strategy posts with open arms here, but please put brags and such in the NC thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the love? I thought it was SOP to just lock all first time ML posters posts?

11-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Raise the river, raise the turn, what the heck, there is nothing that beats you. Dont let you foot off the gas.

11-03-2005, 09:47 AM
"Button has 9c Js (one pair, jacks)."

Button doesn't like money.

And, I posted a thread awhile back with a 48BB pot I was in, which I didn't win. I can't find it now, due to the search function here not working properly.

Koss
11-03-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river, raise the turn, what the heck, there is nothing that beats you. Dont let you foot off the gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's actually a couple straight flush combos out there, but who cares.

Add the button to your buddy list. Now. "It looks like I could be drawing dead here, lets put in 4 bets on this street"

Also, is it just me, or is the 2nd nut flush probably the most overplayed hand at this level? It's a close one between that and the dummy one card straight.

tiltaholic
11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
the biggest pot i've won at 1/2 is 42.75 bb. i'm a winnar.

i won a 51bb pot on pacific at 1/2, but alas no PT support back then.

UATrewqaz
11-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I've won a 48.5 BB pot at 1/2 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had the nut straight on turn and the board paired on the river and I got scared, it held up though.

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the love? I thought it was SOP to just lock all first time ML posters posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

bottomset
11-03-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and if its 0, can I please have this thread as my own personal NC thread .. with you guys editing the title of the orig post to say so??

"Bottomset's personal LC/NC thread"

[/ QUOTE ]

come on wookie, don't make me notify you

hornsandspurs
11-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Sorry about posting incorrectly - haven't posted here much. I always read this forum, so I naturally posted here.

Oh, and I have no freakin' idea how J9 capped the river, but he was already on my buddy list before this hand. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bottomset
11-07-2005, 01:40 PM
bump, the title still hasn't been changed Wookie

I'm very disappointed, and totally am bribing Greg instead now

MrWookie47
11-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Alright.

bottomset
11-26-2005, 04:54 AM
I got my thread back /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrWookie47
11-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Sorry I was a little slow. When I promised you last Sunday, I was under the impression that this forum would have been born by then. Anyway, enjoy!