PDA

View Full Version : Quacks in trouble

mikelow
06-15-2003, 08:37 PM
Playing 30-60 I'm dealt Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif in the cutoff.

EP limps, aggressive Vietnamese player (VAG), raises, and I cold-call (?). Button does also as do the blinds and EP. Six of us in for two bets each.

Flop is:

Q/forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

Nice flop. Blinds and EP check, VAG bets, I raise, button cold-calls, SB folds, BB calls, and VAG 3-bets. I cap and all call. Still five of us in with 16 big bets in the pot. That I don't like. Turn is:

[Q/forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif]8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

Trying not to show my displeasure at this card, I look away as it's checked to the VAG who bets. Would you raise?

Results to come later.

elysium
06-15-2003, 09:03 PM
hi mike
do not raise. this player is a favorite to have hit the flush here. if this was the 9d or Td, you might be able to raise. but the one question that you must ask is 'what could this opponent have been betting the flop with?' i like a raise a lot more here if the 2d turns on a QJ9 two- tone if you had LP.

call, and hope he has picked up a big flush draw. since your hand can improve there are enough bets in the pot to call any raise coming back to you.

Tyler Durden
06-16-2003, 10:17 AM
This guy is aggressive so it's not surprising he's betting the turn. I would raise. I wouldn't put him on a flush just yet. He could have AA with a diamond, or any big diamond. It's unlikely he has QQ or JJ. If he reraises you'll have to reevaluate and probably call him down. No reason to think you're not best here.

DanZ
06-16-2003, 10:29 AM
No brainer raise, unless you have reason to be convinced someone else has a flush or straight. The pot is way too big to let someone with a gutshot or a pair and an overcard continue. Once anyone calls 2 cold, and there is a reraise, then just call because you can no longer eliminate anyone and there's much more reason to believe you are beat.

RollaJ
06-16-2003, 11:07 AM
easy smooth call here, you are behind to so many hands at this point and nobody is getting a free card, also a cheap card to anyone drawing to a 2 outer is not a problem. Furthermore at this point you will not lose anyone with the Ace or King of /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif s so just call, and call the river unless you improve.....Of course reevaluate if the 4th diamond comes on the river

mikelow
06-16-2003, 10:22 PM
I did raise--mainly to get a hand like K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif out
of the pot plus I thought the bettor might have KK or AA, with or without a diamond.

Sure enough, only the big blind and the VAG called.

River was the 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . VAG checked. I bet for value and the big blind folded. The VAG called with K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

The big blind said he had the A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif (maybe with a queen). I won a large pot.