PDA

View Full Version : tiny pot TPMK against passive bet

thesharpie
11-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Villain was 24/3/0.3 over 20 something hands, completed AA in the SB, led the flop and called down after the flop got raised on a non threatening board, hit top set on the river and check/called! His wtsd was also very low over this tiny sample, is there value in a river bet?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> planning on folding to a 3 bet and checking behind the river

irishpint
11-03-2005, 01:17 AM
could you have just folded to his bet? sample size, yada, but .3 is pretty small which means i doubt he's betting a 3 or low PP here and I think if he's betting a T often times he is going to have you out kicked.

I guess my main question is why raise turn and then check river? if you're 3bet it's an easy fold, but if you are going to raise shouldn't you bet the river? it's not a free showdown play because it costs you the same. Are we raising more to knock out UTG than for value?

thesharpie
11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I raised the turn mostly to get the 3rd guy out and also make the passive pay just in case he's drawing or won't payoff the river or something. Really the pot is so small we don't mind the 3rd guy staying in if he's behind, so maybe just calling the turn is best. I couldn't bring myself to fold since my read wasn't that good and there are a lot of hands he might think are best that I beat.

What about this one? Villain in this hand is more LAGgy this time around, 42/16/1.7 over 130 hands.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???

11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
I think both hands are tough but I am leaning towards calling down on both, ie Im not raising the turn.

sean c
11-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi sharpie in hand two i am insta mucking.

11-03-2005, 09:35 PM
The turn raise is spew in the first hand. UTG isn't going to laydown an overpair or a better T, and you want to be called by everything else. You also open yourself up to be three-bet by the SB in addition to allowing the SB to lay down a weaker hand. Either calldown or fold.

Second hand, I muck.

sean c
11-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I like the turn raise in hand one given your player read.

DCWildcat
11-03-2005, 10:50 PM
1st hand is pretty close, IMO. I definately favor folding the second though.