PDA

View Full Version : Set HU on 4 straight board

thesharpie
11-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Only have 25 hands on villain but he's raised MPMK in marginal situations on the flop a couple of times, 3 way on a coordinated board and also in a small pot, he didn't value bet TPDK heads up IP on the river when he should've.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

11-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Bet / Fold to raise. If he doesn't have the T he'll be just as scared of the flop as you are. You also have some outs to a boat if he calls.

moose47
11-03-2005, 12:51 AM
You can't fold to a raise getting almost 8:1 with 10 outs. Bet the turn and call a raise would be my plan. Even that might be too conservative though.

11-03-2005, 12:58 AM
are those outs clean?

irishpint
11-03-2005, 01:22 AM
bet/call the turn- giving a free card would be terrible. river play varies by the turn action.

LoaferGee12
11-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Yeah I think this is a pretty easy bet here. Call a raise and bet out if improved. Otherwise, check-call it down.

Entity
11-03-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are those outs clean?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they aren't then you're ahead. You might want to think about what your question means before you ask it.

Bet-call turn.

Rob

shadow29
11-03-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are those outs clean?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they aren't then you're ahead. You might want to think about what your question means before you ask it.

Bet-call turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

entuiy wath is up man. i havent tlaked to you in suhc a long time. IM me some time..
i
mis
you.

i had such agood noight tonighg.t dont know hwy im on 2-2. iti s fun fun though.t

ogod talkign to you.

hjank out here more often. i msis iyou; we miss oyu.

irishpint
11-03-2005, 03:18 AM
is davidson one of those loser colleges? oh wait.

yes it is.

11-03-2005, 03:26 AM
hmm?

LoaferGee12
11-03-2005, 03:30 AM
He's saying that if the outs aren't clean then the villain doesn't have a straight or flush, thus our set is good currently. At least I think so. Not sure why he was so harsh about it tho /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11-03-2005, 10:37 AM
At a table this shorthanded people will raise and stay in hands with a wide variety of cards, before and after the flop.

You must bet this turn, and if you fold to a raise you are a huge sissy and should be given a blankie and a bottle and put in your crib.

MrWookie47
11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's saying that if the outs aren't clean then the villain doesn't have a straight or flush, thus our set is good currently. At least I think so. Not sure why he was so harsh about it tho /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite, dude. He's saying that if our outs to a boat are dirty, such as would be the case if villain had KQ, then villain can't have a straight. Since we can easily rule out KK and QQ because of the lack of a preflop cap, try putting him on a hand that is currently better than ours that would also make a higher boat if we filled up.

Fantam
11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand this. If making a boat doesnt give you the nuts, then your opponent must have a higher set than yours. Not so ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Edit: You answered my question as I was posting this. Thanks Wookie.