PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Act III, 2 hands 1 bad floor ruling, 1 missed laydown

FatalError
11-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Ok i just busted 32nd in an act III with 12 seats at foxwoods and i'm wondering about 2 hands that led to it

Hand 1
Blinds had just risen unbeknowngst to me. UTG limps for 100, i say "raise to 450" from UTG+1 with KK, dealer says that the blinds are actually 100-200 and after the players correct he does not alow me to raise. i ask for a floor ruling and floor ALSO agrees that i cannot raise, preety much half the table calls because they want to snap me off and tilt me. flop is ace high and someone bets 1/4 of the pot, i fold and communicate my disagreement with the floor ruling. i don't see how this ruling is correct, whats your opinions?

Hand 2
I have T8o in the SB and complete after 2 limpers getting 7-1, BB raps flop is T85 2 hearts
i check to a very aggressive table, 1st limper bets 800, fold, i checkraise to 2800 leaving the limper 700 behind, limper just calls. turn is a rag heart and i check, he moves in and i look back to find i have the 8h making some hand like Ah8h impossible, i can't find a fold in this huge pot and call leaving myself 500 chips he has K2 of hearts and i'm short stacked, making this laydown is impossible based on the fact he could have a slowplayed AA with Ah or AT with Ah ect.

love to hear feeling on this

UCF THAYER
11-03-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2
I have T8o in the SB and complete after 2 limpers getting 7-1, BB raps flop is T85 2 hearts
i check to a very aggressive table, 1st limper bets 800, fold, i checkraise to 2800 leaving the limper 700 behind, limper just calls. turn is a rag heart and i check, he moves in and i look back to find i have the 8h making some hand like Ah8h impossible, i can't find a fold in this huge pot and call leaving myself 500 chips he has K2 of hearts and i'm short stacked, making this laydown is impossible based on the fact he could have a slowplayed AA with Ah or AT with Ah ect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you even contemplating folding Top Two for 700 chips when the pot is ~6000?

11-03-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
Blinds had just risen unbeknowngst to me. UTG limps for 100, i say "raise to 450" from UTG+1 with KK, dealer says that the blinds are actually 100-200 and after the players correct he does not alow me to raise. i ask for a floor ruling and floor ALSO agrees that i cannot raise, preety much half the table calls because they want to snap me off and tilt me. flop is ace high and someone bets 1/4 of the pot, i fold and communicate my disagreement with the floor ruling. i don't see how this ruling is correct, whats your opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the UTG limp for 100 with 100/200 blinds? And since you verbalized a raise to 450, the floor ruling sux since 450 is still a valid raise for 100/200.

MLG
11-03-2005, 02:44 AM
That was you??????
I was at that table, skinny kid in the green hat who kept getting lucky as hell. You outlasted me though, I busted around 45th.

Hand 1. You were wrong, your verbal raise is binding even though you were unaware the blinds had gone up.

Hand 2. Thats not quite acccurate, limper had closer to 12-1500 behind when he called the raise (still a bad play). You have to call the turn, th pot is just too big.

MLG
11-03-2005, 02:45 AM
also, you did raise, you made it 450, that is a legal raise at 100-200 blinds. So the floor ruled that you oculd not raise MORE, just because you didnt realize (and some other people forgot) that the blinds had gone up.

ace_in_the_hole
11-03-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also, you did raise, you made it 450, that is a legal raise at 100-200 blinds. So the floor ruled that you oculd not raise MORE, just because you didnt realize (and some other people forgot) that the blinds had gone up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth comes out... JK I'm a drunken idiot and I bust on bubbles. Holler.

betgo
11-03-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2
i check to a very aggressive table, 1st limper bets 800, fold, i checkraise to 2800 leaving the limper 700 behind,

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not checkraise allin? That is more deceptive, as it looks more like a flush draw.

betgo
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds had just risen unbeknowngst to me. UTG limps for 100, i say "raise to 450" from UTG+1 with KK, dealer says that the blinds are actually 100-200 and after the players correct he does not alow me to raise. i ask for a floor ruling and floor ALSO agrees that i cannot raise,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. Isn't a raise to 450 with 100/200 blinds a legal raise? It is online.

dtbog
11-03-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he does not alow me to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
floor ALSO agrees that i cannot raise

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't raise at all, or you can't raise more than 450?

11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Second hand first, there is no way you can get away from this hand, and probably no way for you to push him out either since he has the second nut flush draw.

First hand is a little hard to judge on without actually being there. First why are you unaware that blinds went up, do they not announce them? Are the tournaments there run poorly? Do they have an electronic posting of the blinds or what? Most likely there is some way that they communicated the blinds went up. Not trying to be mean but you missed it for some reason, maybe you were talking to someone, watching TV, etc. It's a shame, but your raise was legal for that level and I think it should stick too.

rockythecat99
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok i just busted 32nd in an act III with 12 seats at foxwoods and i'm wondering about 2 hands that led to it

Hand 1

Hand 2

love to hear feeling on this

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1 why the hell can't you raise?? Bad ruling I think

Hand 2 Hand two lead out the flop. Your play is fine but put him all in on it. You got unlucky.

11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
think he is indicating that they permitted the 450 raise, but not a bigger raise since the blinds were double what he thought they were.

betgo
11-03-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
think he is indicating that they permitted the 450 raise, but not a bigger raise since the blinds were double what he thought they were.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say raise to 450, obviously you can't put in a bigger raise because you thought the blinds were smaller. I would have just let it go. There is not that much difference between raising 3xBB and 2.25XBB. By making a big fuss, you may clue your opponents as to the nature of your hand.

illegit
11-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Hand 1: Raise preflop /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hand 2: Your analysis seems pretty spot on.