PDA

View Full Version : Trade Randy Moss for Chad Johnson?

Clarkmeister
11-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Same big money league I've posted about before. As you recall, I traded Thomas Jones and Donald Driver for Moss and McNair.

Now I can trade Moss for CJ straight up.

Playoff schedule:

Moss
Week 15 vs. Cleveland
Week 16 at Denver

CJ
Week 15 @ Detroit
Week 16 vs. Buffalo

bugstud
11-03-2005, 12:38 AM
I would do it. both week 15's rock and 16's are iffy

scott8
11-03-2005, 12:41 AM
I think all the injury concerns around Moss make this deal a go.

Punker
11-03-2005, 12:58 AM
I'd do it. Moss is flaking this year and the Raiders seem to have figured out that Jordan should be their focal point.

kyro
11-03-2005, 12:58 AM
Pull that trigger.

Dynasty
11-03-2005, 01:02 AM
I assume you've gone here (http://www.footballguys.com/05sos_wr9.php). Johnson's schedule looks bad for the remainder of the year.

As for the playoff weeks, Cleveland and Detroit is a wash. Johnson appears to have the worst of it against Buffalo compared to Moss at Denver. However, Buffalo appears good against the pass only because their run defense is so bad that opposing teams constantly run, run, run. I'm not sure the Bengals would do that with Rudi Johnson.

Johnson has outperformed Moss and the Bengals will be fighting for a playoff spot. I think I like CJ.

wonderwes
11-03-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pull that trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Randy Moss is on my team. He has sucked it for me mostly all season. Pull that damn trigger.

scott8
11-03-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pull that trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Randy Moss is on my team. He has sucked it for me mostly all season. Pull that damn trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but on other teams he has done real well /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Victor
11-03-2005, 05:43 AM
i say do it. chad is more useful and used by his team than moss. this is especialy true with the emergence of lamont.

the downside, however, is that palmer and the o-co love to spread the ball around to not only the wr but also the fullback. still, i like the bungles offense better and chad will be more consistent than randy with some big game potetial to match.

private joker
11-03-2005, 06:35 AM
At first this sounded like an easy trade, but now I'm second-guessing. And I love CJ.

The Bengals' schedule is getting tougher, and they'll be playing more games in the cold and snow as December approaches. That means fewer run-and-gun drives, and a more ball-control style. I don't believe cold-weather teams boast as many passing yards in late-season games. The Raiders, on the other hand, will be playing catch-up a lot because they suck and are usually trailing by 2 touchdowns. That means Moss might get a workout.

I dunno, maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate to find a reason why this should be close. Besides the fact that Moss is a great receiver.

Frills
11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
My WRs are:

C. Johnson
B. Engram
C. Rogers
A. Johnson (practiced yesterday)
Br. Johnson (AZ)

RBs:
C. Dillon
S. Davis

Pondering trading C. Johnson for D. Davis.

Good, bad, or I'm an idiot for thinking it?

Phishy McFish
11-03-2005, 04:45 PM
First...ouch on the first trade.

Then take CJ in a heartbeat. I would take him over Moss from now on. Moss has proven to be brittle. I rate the top fantasy WRs as such, but almost all of my leagues allow you to keep 3 or more players:

Owens
Holt
CJ
R.Moss
S.Smith
S.Moss

Clarkmeister
11-04-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First...ouch on the first trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

That trade has worked out fabulously for me.

wonderwes
11-07-2005, 12:11 AM
for Week 9
Randy Moss: 1 rec (10 thrown to), 6 yds, 1 TD