PDA

View Full Version : KK, pretty straightforward hand

AaronS
11-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

I have played 9 hands against villain, nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.00 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.00 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

How's my line here? In retrospect, I think check/call river might be better.

Final Pot: 10.00 BB.

McGahee
11-02-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, I think check/call turn might be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

private joker
11-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't like folding a full house heads up when only 4 cards in the deck beat me. Check-call the turn and check-call the river.

If you bet the turn and he just calls, like this, then check-call the river. I think you should show this hand down.

JacksonTens
11-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I don't like c/c turn. Not with 2 spades running. BUt yeah c/c river.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

The Goober
11-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Hmm... I think I hate check-calling the turn. Since we have to call (what was that quote about KK heads-up...) I think checking just lets villain bet his A's and check his drawing hands (like 2 spades or a turned gutshot). I don't think we get raised all that often, so I'm not too worried about it.

On the river, 90% of the time I'd bet/call, but I'm not sure its the best line for this game. The live games I play in are very agressive and players tend to check behind on the river with hands they'd call a bet with (like medium PPs), and raise with their more hopeless hands.

I think in either game, though, folding at any point stinks.

11-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Bet/folding this river doesn't seem to make much sense. You can't really bet this river for value. Unless CO was desperately calling down with an underpair, you are only getting called by better hands, most of which will raise. A busted flush draw isn't gonna pay you off. You also aren't going to fold any better hands with a bet here. Check calling allows a busted draw or an underpair to bluff at you, and allows you to show the hand down for the same bet you spend by bet/folding.

toss
11-03-2005, 06:44 AM
I don't like checkcalling the turn. Lets villain draw to a flush cheaply and showdown cheaply with a 4. It also makes me feel icky checkcalling when an Ace falls. I think you played this hand well.

siccjay
11-03-2005, 07:23 AM
I hate folding this river. Do you know how many Party players there are that just think "HEY I'VE GOT A FULL HOUSE NOW!!!!111"

I think Villian will have a lower pocket pair here some of the time. If you were going to fold to a raise, you should have just checked.

McGahee
11-03-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... I think I hate check-calling the turn. Since we have to call (what was that quote about KK heads-up...) I think checking just lets villain bet his A's and check his drawing hands (like 2 spades or a turned gutshot). I don't think we get raised all that often, so I'm not too worried about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're getting raised infrequently and I also don't think draws &amp; underpairs are necessarily taking the free card option all that often.

pokerjunky
11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
I think we're missing some value by not betting the river. Players will call down with pocket pairs here quite often.

ReadyEddie
11-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I definately dont like giving a free turn card HU.

i bet this turn and c/c the river