PDA

View Full Version : Bad Laydown Here?

11-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Party Poker $.50/$1 Omaha - 8 Players
** Dealing down cards **
Hero is on the button with [ 9s Ts 8d 3d ]
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CU calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, Jc, Qh ]
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CU calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ac ]
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero folds.

I didn't think he'd CR me on the turn with anything other than broadway, but now I'm thinking he might've just had a set of aces. He did bet the flop, maybe with aces and a flush draw. Thoughts?

beset7
11-03-2005, 12:10 AM
I'd seriously consider checking behind on the turn and then calling a bet on a blank river. That A is an awful card for you but if the players are at all aggressive I'm going to want to showdown my 2nd nut straight here in a limit game if the flush doesn't get there and the board doesn't pair.

JMO. I don't play limit omaha hi very often.

Though the other day I played it for an hour before I realized I wasn't playing Omaha Hi/Lo. GOod thing I "scooped" a couple pots with A-5 straights.

edit: also, in a limit game, i'd fold this preflop.

11-03-2005, 12:32 AM
I did consider checking behind but I thought I could take it right there with a bet. I didn't consider the possibility of a CR either. I thought he'd just fold or call, and then check to me on the river where I could just check it down. But yeah I should've folded this PF.

DRKEVDC
11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Easy fold.

Also strongly agree with the fold pre flop.