PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker flaw!! Has it been fixed??

11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I was digging through some old emails and found this... This happend last year and I completely
forgot about it, I never emailed them back. I havent played on the site since either. Has anyone
else ever have this happen? This wasnt the 1st time I was given an option to check/Bet or Fold
after putting someone ALL-IN and having them covered. This is the 1st time I was disconnected
during the hand though!

I was in a $10+1 heads-up tournament when this happend..I had 9-10 and the flop was 9-10-2..
My opponent moved all-in with (10-5) and I called (I had him covered)..It dealt the turn and gave
me the option to check/bet/fold..During this time I lost connection to the site and it folded my hand.
I emailed support..Here's the emails..

MY FIRST EMAIL:

I was playing in a tournament and in this hand (58535567). My opponent had went all in and
i had called. My hand was folded, after calling his All-in! I want to know first why it didn't finish
the hand, and second of all I want to know what all of the community cards were. If you would
reply I would appreciate it. Thanks

THEIR REPLY

Thank you for contacting Pacific Poker.

I have reviewed your games history and found that on hand number
58535567 you had suffered a disconnection which affected your game play.

I have included the information you had requested bellow:

Pot Size: $1080.00
Rake: $.00
Board Hand: 9d Tc 2c 7c (THIS IS WHERE IT FOLDED ME)
Players:

3. (MY NAME) - Lost $540.00 Fold - Ts 9h
6. Markass - Win $1080.00 - Th 5d

(MY NAME), on this occasion as a gesture of good will I will refund you your
buy-in for $11.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience
and understanding in this matter. If you require further assistance in
this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day and best of luck on the tables!

Kind Regards,

Liz
Member Support Representative
Pacific Poker
support@pacificpoker.com

MY REPLY BACK:

I do have one more problem that I would like to get straight with you guys.
What I don't understand is that he had went all in after the flop and I had
called with my two pair. The turn was then dealt and since he was all-in and
I had already called it, the river should be automatically dealt, why was I given the option
to check/bet/fold?? There is no reason there should be an option to check or fold o
r whatever because there
could be no more betting taking place, am I correct here or did I miss something in the hand?
It appears he has NO CHIPS left!!!. I should really get nine more dollars
because I won that hand! If you look at the hand history there is no card that he could possibly
catch to beat me, he was drawing dead, therefore I won the tournament if it was not for your
software glitch! Please explain to me why I was given the option to check/bet/fold???

THEY REPLIED AGAIN:

Thank you for contacting Pacific Poker.

I have reviewed your games history and found that on hand number
58535567 you had suffered a disconnection which affected your game play.

You are correct, player "Markass" was all-in and you had called his bet, therefore he hand no
more chips to play with. I would like to inform you that this situation has been sent to our
technical support team for further review. I regret to inform you that I will not be able to credit your
account with another $9 because the hand was not completely played out therefore we do
not know what the final card on the community would have been.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience
and understanding in this matter. If you require further assistance in
this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day and best of luck on the tables!

Kind Regards,

Saun
Member Support Representative
Pacific Poker
support@pacificpoker.com

This is obviously a huge flaw, has this happend to anyone else? Did they fix this??

11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
By the way, I never sent another email and they never emailed me back. Im gonna email them just to see what happens, even though its been close to a year since this happend. I'll keep this updated

11-02-2005, 09:32 PM
They don't keep hand histories nearly that long. That's what "tech support" told me when I requested all my hands from April and May of this year (prior to purchasing poker tracker) for me to upload them.

DrNo888
11-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Does Pacific ever fix anything?

Jurollo
11-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I didnt read your post. But the answer is no. Pacific never fixes anything.
~Justin

AngusThermopyle
11-02-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt read your post. But the answer is no. Pacific never fixes anything.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure their dogs are happy about that.

AtlBrvs4Life
11-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I've lost a side pot on Pacific at showdown without them showing the hand I lost to. Happens all the time. They show the winner of the main pot that was all-in, and then the side pot is dragged to the winner without showing the hand. Worst software by far.

Edit: In addition, they still haven't updated their clock for daylight savings so all their tournaments are an hour early. So so so sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Sniper
11-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Clocks are not changed globally at the same time, each country has their own rules on this /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tzak
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah,they fixed their rake.It's now 5 bucks a pot.I never play there.The site blows all around.Twanka.

DuggleBogey
11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: In addition, they still haven't updated their clock for daylight savings so all their tournaments are an hour early. So so so sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific has never changed their clocks to coincide with Dayling Savings. When you changed, you got off by an hour. when you changed back, you went back to their normal schedule.

AtlBrvs4Life
11-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Didn't know this. Any other sites that don't change their clocks?