PDA

View Full Version : 15/30: how not to defend your blinds - 44

Surfbullet
11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

What the hell am I doing here? /images/graemlins/blush.gif This was bad.

Surf

Jeff W
11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell am I doing here? This was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

11-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Bet the flop and let that be the last money you put in the pot unless you spike your set.

bobbyi
11-02-2005, 08:42 PM
You can't check that flop.

Danenania
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop and let that be the last money you put in the pot unless you spike your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is kind of weak. He's likely to peel this flop with all kinds of hands we beat.

Lmn55d
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
hey if it's the type of player you feel you should be checking this flop with to induce a bluff and prevent a semibluff/bluff raise (if that's what you were doing), you probably should call preflop

Surfbullet
11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Thx for the input. I really needed to post this - i'll probably lock it if no strategy content pops up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I get FPS really bad sometimes when I start to over-think things. Villain here was aggressive...I pictured checking, he bets with an unpaired, 6-outer...then BAM! I c/r, he folds his 6-outer thinking it's a 3-outer or drawing slim...won't that be sweet!

But uh...yeah. Just bet. He folds alot of hands that I don't mind him folding. And it's no sweat to fold to a raise.

Can't blame a guy for trying.

Surf

Lmn55d
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
if thats your thinking I think you overestimate both the chances he folds a 6 outer and the EV of him folding a 6 outer compared to the EV of other ways the flop could go down

11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I disagree that there are many hands that call a flop bet that hero beats. Given the preflop 3 bet the button has to respect the flop bet. His call indicates he's got more than Ax, and if he's got more than Ax, he's got hero beat. Stubbornly calling down in situations like these can be a real chip burner unless you have a read on the opponent.

Surfbullet
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that there are many hands that call a flop bet that hero beats. Given the preflop 3 bet the button has to respect the flop bet. His call indicates he's got more than Ax, and if he's got more than Ax, he's got hero beat. Stubbornly calling down in situations like these can be a real chip burner unless you have a read on the opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. I think the only hand villain would call the flop with that we have beat is A2/33... otherwise he's made a better pair (or had one to begin with) since this board is so drawless.

Surf

Jeff W
11-02-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I agree here. I think the only hand villain would call the flop with that we have beat is A2/33... otherwise he's made a better pair (or had one to begin with) since this board is so drawless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You either need to excercise better game selection or one of us lives in the bizarro world.

baronzeus
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't check that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surfbullet
11-03-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You either need to excercise better game selection or one of us lives in the bizarro world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain's a TAG, forgot to mention that I guess. Aggressive, but seems to know what he's doing. I wouldn't expect a flat-call from many hands that are behind my 44. Also, I seem to have conveniently forgotten the flush draw when talking about the drawless board.

Every post i've made in this thread is just piling up like a train wreck /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for the input,

Surf