PDA

View Full Version : I got my heart broken today

handsome
11-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Last week, on Monday, I was chatting online with a female friend of mine. Generally we are both very flirty toward each other but there's a mutual understanding that there's no real attraction between us. Anyway, our conversation somehow turned into me offering to be her sugar daddy. She took me up on the offer and requested that I take her to the most expensive restaurant in town "Number 5." It was really tough to find a good time for the both of us but finally we agreed to go out in 2 weeks, on Wednesday night (tonight).

Later that week, on Friday night, I ran into her and confirmed our quasi-date. I asked if I could pick her up early because I had stuff to take care of, and she said around 6 was fine and that she was going to order the most expensive thing on the menu.

So today, I did my hair and put on some nice clothes for later and when the time came for me to pick her up, I went to her house. She wasn't home and wasn't picking up her phone either, so I decided to go home til she called me back, which was pretty soon. I asked her if she was ready, and she was VERY surprised because she had been joking the entire time. She kept asking "Are you serious?" and reiterating that "Number 5" was a really expensive restaurant, as if I could not afford it. I didn't know how to react and was speechless for our very short, awkward phone conversation.

It's not a big deal as I've been talked down to by many girls and stood up before, but today I just feel really heartbroken... not sure exactly why /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IronDragon1
11-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Your woman problems <<<<<<<< Lsufan1's woman problems

El Ishmael
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So today, I did my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

handsome
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, I usually just put on a hat and trot off to school. Just wanted to emphasize that today I actually put some effort into looking decent.

B Dids
11-02-2005, 08:01 PM
http://lurking.org/2003/10/nelson.jpg

SHE THINKS YOU'RE POOR

(and that dating you is a joke!)

James Boston
11-02-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a mutual understanding that there's no real attraction between us.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just feel really heartbroken

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to pick on you, but it sounds like the first thing I quoted isn't really true on your part, and that's nothing to be embarassed about.

asofel
11-02-2005, 08:02 PM
you're serious?

Dominic
11-02-2005, 08:26 PM
jesus christ, Dude...where to begin?

Why in the world would you offer to be someone's Sugar Daddy??? Especially if you're not rich! Go get a prostitute - it's cheaper, you don't have to buy her dinner and you don't have to talk to her - and the emotional connection is exactly the same - zero.

You have a lot to learn about dating. Go read my first Dr. Dom post. That's a start. And in a few days you'll ahave my second "Dr. Dom" post - and it'll include this kind of topic in it.

JackWilson
11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
That's a really rough beat. Just keep on trying I guess.

handsome
11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Uhh......... that was a joke. I'd never be serious about being anyone's sugar daddy.

Dominic
11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh......... that was a joke. I'd never be serious about being anyone's sugar daddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet you made reservations at the most expensive restaurtant in town - one you can't afford - for a first date. With someone you say you aren't attracted to. But who broke your heart.

Nevermind, I'm done with this moronic thread.

lighterjobs
11-02-2005, 08:40 PM
bad beat /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MrTrik
11-02-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and yet you made reservations at the most expensive restaurtant in town - one you can't afford - for a first date. With someone you say you aren't attracted to. But who broke your heart.

Nevermind, I'm done with this moronic thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

His exact comment was "as if I could not afford it". To me this implies he certainly can afford it.

I still don't get the whole "mutually blah blah there is no attraction" and his topic which talks about heartbreak. That doesn't jive at all.

Los Feliz Slim
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a mutual understanding that there's no real attraction between us

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think this word "mutual" means what you think it means.

As has been discussed over and over, being the nice guy-friend is not going to get you into a relationship with this girl. Tell her how you feel and walk away if she's not into it. If you don't do it, you will just get more of this treatment.

B Dids
11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Basically: He knows that she thinks that there is no mutual attraction. That's the most sense I can make of it.

mikeyp
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I almost cried after reading this.

gorie
11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
she sounds like a jerk.

handsome
11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
No.. just not attracted to her. Since when do people have to be attracted to someone to be broken-hearted??

Bro´ken-heart`ed
a. 1. Having the spirits depressed or crushed by grief or despair.

heart·bro·ken Pronunciation (härtbrkn)
adj.
Suffering from or exhibiting overwhelming sorrow, grief, or disappointment.

MrTrik
11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote the dictionary all you want. Heartbroken implies matters of the heart. In this context those matters are easily thought of as more than just a pure friendship situation. If it had nothing to do with things beyond simple friendship, the word dissapointed would have been employed.

brassnuts
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No.. just not attracted to her. Since when do people have to be attracted to someone to be broken-hearted??

Bro´ken-heart`ed
a. 1. Having the spirits depressed or crushed by grief or despair.

heart·bro·ken Pronunciation (härtbrkn)
adj.
Suffering from or exhibiting overwhelming sorrow, grief, or disappointment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you know you wanted to bone her.

Peter666
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
You "handsome" have been DOMINATED. This truly is a retarded thread with no hope of redemption. May God have mercy on your soul (which He won't).

Eurotrash
11-02-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So today, I did my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, awesome. this is the first thing I was thinking, too.

DID YOUR HAIR?

lastsamurai
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So today, I did my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, awesome. this is the first thing I was thinking, too.

DID YOUR HAIR?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should of got your nails done too! dude move on! you said she wanted you to be her sugar daddy..use her for the cheap ho that she is!

utmt40
11-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Well I guess you just took a bad beat...sorry man and keep on pluging and good things will happen.

EliteNinja
11-02-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she sounds like a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take someone hotter out to No. 5 and make the original girl jealous.

The Yugoslavian
11-02-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So today, I did my hair

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure he 'got his hair did'.

Yugoslav

Mars357
11-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Get drunk and call her.

no better yet, get drunk and IM her... easier to express your 'true' feelings when drunk and on IM....

gorie
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get drunk and call her.

no better yet, get drunk and IM her... easier to express your 'true' feelings when drunk and on IM....

[/ QUOTE ]
PERFECT ! and be sure to end your conversation with "i hope you realize this was all a joke, i'm just bored."
and then post the conversation here.

durron597
11-02-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get drunk and call her.

[/ QUOTE ]
PERFECT ! and be sure to end your conversation with "i hope you realize this was all a joke, i'm just bored."
and then post the conversation here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, gorie proves to everybody that she is awesome.

handsome
11-02-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she sounds like a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take someone hotter out to No. 5 and make the original girl jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna do this.

Haha, I just got back home -- no longer heartbroken but indifferent -- and look at my thread like "wtf was I thinking posting this nonsense" Thanks OOT

siccjay
11-03-2005, 12:12 AM
It's so high schoolish to deny feelings for a chick. Why would you mention being her sugar daddy and want to take her out if you didn't enjoy her company?

billyjex
11-03-2005, 12:13 AM
while this sounds like a really rough way to get rejected, i seriously doubt it feels anywhere near as bad as having a broken heart