PDA

View Full Version : A weird thing I do

Drontier
11-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I notice that when I play, and am bluffing away on continuation bets, I look at the players fold to "flop/turn/river" bet a lot. Do you guys do this? Does it have any merit?

Victor
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
never look at it.

Argus
11-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I added these numbers to PAHUD. I find them useful, mostly the turn. Pay attention - some players only call the flop with something decent, allowing you to check behind some turns that you wouldn't otherwise. Others are liberal peelers who are happy to fold when their hand doesn't materialise on the turn.

cartman
11-02-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I notice that when I play, and am bluffing away on continuation bets, I look at the players fold to "flop/turn/river" bet a lot. Do you guys do this? Does it have any merit?

[/ QUOTE ]

About what numbers are considered high, low, and average for these stats?

Thanks,
Cartman

Drontier
11-02-2005, 06:42 PM
this is generally what I do. I've just never heard this discussed so I'm wondering about the merits of it.

Argus
11-02-2005, 06:46 PM
It's no substitute for handreading, but it helped me realise how many pots I can pick up when it's fairly clear villain has nothing. Picking up these small 2-4 BB pots adds up over time. You can consider it a math problem - given the pot odds, villain's play up to this pot, and the percent of the time he folds on this street, is a bet profitable?

Drontier
11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
agreed. i think i may lean on this too much. my hand reading skills are going down the drain.

Victor
11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
heres what i do. i bet if i have nothing or have recognized a pattern that he folds turns.

i dont like to bet when i have gs+overs etc bc then i am forced to call a cr.

kross
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
The old check when you have outs, bet when you don't?

Arnfinn Madsen
11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
I have found it very useful against very good opponents. When you play against good players who does not make any obvious mistakes, watching these stats can make you aware that they i.e. fold a bit too many turns after calling the flop. It is a basis for refining the strategy against them and winning at a table with no fish.

Bad players have so skewed stats on these things, so on them these numbers often just confirms your conscious or subconscious reads.

tjh
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
I am fairly new to this. I have about 2,000 hands at 1/2 and 3/6 6 max at eurobet.

My initial feeling is that this statistic is very important. I take notes on any player that will fold the river in particular. My basic notes are for traits such as loose tight, folds blinds, will fold in general and folds rivers.

A lot of loose players will chase to the river and fold to a bet there. A lot of tight players fold the river too much also.

I seem to have been running hot and probably a little loose (38 vpip) but I believe that this trait is an important one. Helps you win the pots when you do not connect with the board.

Seems like human nature to hope for the best in the future but once the river comes they have to look at the cold hard facts.

--
tjh

11-03-2005, 12:20 AM
I have had mild success with this. I check it to estimate my fold equity heads up. Some players have very high fold %s on the turn, in which case firing the second barrel is prudent. Also, I often find that some people never fold to one bet on any streets after the flop, so I value bet only and never bluff against them.