PDA

View Full Version : Tips for playing AAxx (where xx is unsuited danglers)...

jj_frap
11-02-2005, 06:07 PM
1. How do I play hands like AA57 or KK93 rainbow against bad, LP micro-limit players from bad position? What about good position?

2. What range of hands should I be willing to raise, coldcall, and re-raise with from BAD position against said players?

3. Are 3455 and similar baby run hands good enough hand to button-limp with when playing bad players?

kipin
11-02-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. How do I play hands like AA57 rainbow against bad, LP micro-limit players from bad position? What about good position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will limp these from all positions, unless there is a suited element to the hand, then I will raise them from MP on.

[ QUOTE ]
2. What range of hands should I be willing to raise, coldcall, and re-raise with from BAD position against said players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really depends a lot on your playing ability post flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Are 3455 and similar baby run hands good enough hand to button-limp with when playing bad players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would muck these from all positions except BB when facing a min raise and a few limpers.

Tilt
11-02-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. Are 3455 and similar baby run hands good enough hand to button-limp with when playing bad players?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may sound strange, but I never limp or raise these, but I will almost always call a raise in LP when the field has been thinned by the raise. Thats because of the propensity of many players to go too far with AAxx, especially if they hit their set on an A24 board.

11-02-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. How do I play hands like AA57 or KK93 rainbow against bad, LP micro-limit players from bad position? What about good position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to see cheap flops with these hands.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have anything good to say here... IMO, re-raising should probably only be done with much better than average hands.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3455 is pretty weak to be limping with, as you will hardly ever be hitting/drawing to the nuts. Anything coordinated run ending in 6 or higher gives you a lot more potential. Even something like 4566 is much better, IMO, if that is worth anything. /images/graemlins/wink.gif