PDA

View Full Version : interesting hand from 150 on stars last week

11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Not at my home computer so I do not have hh but I remember the stack sizes blinds 100 200 hero is utg +1 with t2500 villian is bb with t5300.
hero has KK he limps folds back to bb who checks.
Flop KH 6H 2H pot 500
villian checks, hero bets 400 villian calls
TURN 8H
villian bets 800 pot is now 2100 hero has 1900 left
hero?

EverettKings
11-02-2005, 05:50 PM
You're behind. You have 10 outs. You're getting 2.5:1 immediate odds and 4:1 implied odds if you always get paid every time you fill up. If you fold you have 9.5x and are about to post. If you call and miss you have 5.5x and are about to post. If you call and win you have 5k(25x). This is close, but I vote for a fold. Reason 1) You need full implied odds for this to be profitable, and you may not have those. Reason 2) Folding you can still play poker, but calling and losing shoots you in the foot.

And I hate trying for a limp raise with your stack there. It's suspicious when you open limp UTG, and in the fortunate event that someone raises and you get to reraise, it has to be a push and you're not likely getting much action. Yuck. Pretty much any hand that will raise after your limp will call your raise, so just get to it.

Everett

schwza
11-02-2005, 05:52 PM
villain's betting 800 into 1300 on the turn, and you're 1/4.5 to fill up. you often get the rest in if you hit, and occassionally you check it down and win if you miss. so i think that calling is better than folding.

i doubt villain folds to a raise, so i like calling better than raising.

11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Do you think there is any folding equity from his hand? Also hero was utg+1 not utg. Do you think something lik the 9/t/j of hearts would fold?

EverettKings
11-02-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think there is any folding equity from his hand? Also hero was utg+1 not utg. Do you think something lik the 9/t/j of hearts would fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that's a very interesting point. You played it a lot like the Ah, so you probably get a lot of respect on this push. And if he has the Ah (which seems less likely than the j/t/9) or won't fold, hey you have 10 outs.

I like this push now. A lot.

Everett

schwza
11-02-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that's a very interesting point. You played it a lot like the Ah, so you probably get a lot of respect on this push. And if he has the Ah (which seems less likely than the j/t/9) or won't fold, hey you have 10 outs.

I like this push now. A lot.

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me a lot of my post earlier. do we think an unknown is blind D-ing KTo against utg+1?

billyjex
11-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Hero limped.

schwza
11-02-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. a push looks better now. small flushes could be out as well.

ansky451
11-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey, I was the hero in this hand.

I had no reads on this particular player in the hand. I also don't give the table too much credit for getting suspicious of a limp UTG with my stack.