PDA

View Full Version : $22 - TT, tough hand for me

pergesu
11-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP2 (t925)
MP3 (t1490)
CO (t760)
Button (t780)
SB (t800)
BB (t1145)
UTG (t645)
Hero (t775)
MP1 (t680)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t165) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t115</font>, Button calls t115.

Turn: (t395) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t225</font>, Button calls t225.

River: (t845) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button pushes</font>, Hero calls

This was a sucky hand for me. Maybe because I'm not doing so hot this morning. I just had no clue where I was at at any point in the hand.

Manque
11-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I would have raised more pf. The flop and turn I would have played the same and when the 8 hit on the river I would assume he didn't have it and push. Then start up another tourney when he showed down the 8

pineapple888
11-02-2005, 06:22 PM
What's up with the minraise preflop? Either limp or pop it to 100.

I shut down when he calls the flop, and just try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

tigerite
11-02-2005, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't raise preflop at all with TT in early to early-mid position. No way.

Newt_Buggs
11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
preflop I would either limp or raise it up stronger, but I can't really say that a miniraise is wrong. I'de bet a little more on the flop, but the turn is very tricky. Even though you're pretty far ahead of his hand range, I'm checking the turn to keep the pot small and hopefully induce some bluffs on the turn/river since there's a decent chance that he's a donk trying to get tricky.

pergesu
11-02-2005, 06:52 PM
The converter was weird, this was still level 1, so it wasn't a minraise, if that means anything to anyone.

playtitleist
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
To me it means limp for sure.

pergesu
11-02-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
preflop I would either limp or raise it up stronger, but I can't really say that a miniraise is wrong. I'de bet a little more on the flop, but the turn is very tricky. Even though you're pretty far ahead of his hand range, I'm checking the turn to keep the pot small and hopefully induce some bluffs on the turn/river since there's a decent chance that he's a donk trying to get tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to see an A-J on the river, and don't want to give that free card. I probably get the same bluff attempts as if I check the turn. Like if I check and he'd bluff AQ, he'd probably bluff AQ after calling a bet on the turn.

In fact I think I induce more bluffs by betting the turn and checking the river. So many times at these limits people will fold for small bets on the river (like if I had pushed) but will often make a hopeless shove when checked to. I don't understand the reasoning behind that, but that's the way it is.

bjb23
11-02-2005, 06:55 PM
lvl 1 makes this more of a limp for me... considering a strong chance of being called with god knows what by donks and being OOP.

glad to know it wasnt a minraise though... you had me worried.

mosdef
11-02-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise preflop at all with TT in early to early-mid position. No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It's just not strong enough to raise with. You'll get called by far too many players (negating the plan to c-bet the flop) with all kinds of holdings, and the flop has overcards so often that you really can't play this for anything except set value. In later position, if no one calls or raises ahead of you then you COULD raise to try to get heads up with position and a small pot, but I don't even do that.

The Yugoslavian
11-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Preflop: I like limping.
Postflop: I like check (and mostly calling or reraising).
Turn I like check/calling.
River I like check/calling unless you've taken the line you just took.

You're getting way too many chips first into that pot with a hand that isn't all that strong - especially vs. someone who is willing to call you down on a board with no draws.

Yugoslav

bones
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Weak-tight thinking like this is what makes you an 80%:1 dog to me HU.

The Yugoslavian
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak-tight thinking like this is what makes you an 80%:1 dog to me HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

<font color="white">Don't make me take the avatar away BATCH!</font>

Yugoslav

someday
11-02-2005, 09:54 PM
if i played it i would limp.
if i bet out on the flop and was called id shut down

for me, too dangerous, at too early a stage in the tournament.

Newt_Buggs
11-02-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I definitely don't want to see an A-J on the river, and don't want to give that free card. I probably get the same bluff attempts as if I check the turn. Like if I check and he'd bluff AQ, he'd probably bluff AQ after calling a bet on the turn.

In fact I think I induce more bluffs by betting the turn and checking the river. So many times at these limits people will fold for small bets on the river (like if I had pushed) but will often make a hopeless shove when checked to. I don't understand the reasoning behind that, but that's the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is far more likely to bet AQ if checked to on the turn than he is to call a turn bet from you with it.

[ QUOTE ]
You'll get called by far too many players (negating the plan to c-bet the flop) with all kinds of holdings

[/ QUOTE ]
I limp this preflop too, but your above quote should be an argument for rasing, not for limping.

jeffraider
11-02-2005, 10:08 PM
You limp JJ but you raise TT?

I like all the postflop play, but you should make your level 1 standard raise 75 instead of 60. You still get called at 75 so you get a bit more value out of your raising hands. Also this is a pretty clear limp preflop.