PDA

View Full Version : Josh. (formerly sthief09) has been banned...

sfer
11-02-2005, 05:11 PM
While this is undoubtedly good for his grades, the rationale I've heard is silly.

asofel
i heard about this....for what?

HopeydaFish
And the rationale is....?

AngryCola
11-02-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And the rationale is....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Dynasty. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

imported_CaseClosed326
11-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I thought banning really good strategy posters was against the rules.

citanul
11-02-2005, 05:15 PM
jesus, this is ridiculous.

when someone gets banned they have an issue with th moderator. if they want to discuss it they should do it through that moderator and or through mat. they shouldn't and their friends shouldn't start new threads all over the place talking about how lame it is that they got banned. particularly in the case of temporary bannings. if someone gets banned for 5 days or whatever, they should just be banned for 5 days and chill out unless they have a real legitimate reason for not doing so.

grassroots campaigns of this nature are sad. they're sadder when started by mods, but sad nonetheless when not.

c

AngryCola
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/clapping.gif

ZBTHorton
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
As a fellow member of the Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity, I 100% agree with him, even though I have no idea what he did.

daryn
11-02-2005, 05:18 PM
say what happened

B Dids
This would be fine is the mod was the least bit reasonable. I've been somebody that's supported Dynasty, but it's getting silly.

Banning well respected posters because of one off-hand comment is retarded.

sfer
Do you disagree with anything I've written?

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought banning really good strategy posters was against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, really good strat posters can just go wild and do whatever they want. that seems like a great idea. they too need to be held accountable for their actions and abide by the rules. while permanent bannings for good posters is going to be rare, it's going to happen. in this case it's a short term banning and people should chill the [censored] out.

c

B Dids
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Or people who have consistantly been humorless could start being less so.

DeathDonkey
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Seems like this means he will be angrier in vegas and get even drunker and play 300/600 - fun weekend coming.

-DeathDonkey

SomethingClever
11-02-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker
11-02-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Banning well respected posters because of one off-hand comment is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it because he typed the word "black" in the Tiffany Williamson thread on WPT? If so, that's the worst banning I've seen yet.

TheMainEvent
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_CaseClosed326
Well if they did anything within reason. I have no idea what happened or why, so I will just quit posting in this thread.

Victor
11-02-2005, 05:24 PM
wtf happened??????

i cant even search for his name. none of them show up.

ClaytonN
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
a mod should strive to enforce the will of the people as much as is possible while conforming to the regulations of the forum's operators. i think it's fine to yap about it if a singular incident was the cause. if it was absolutely heinous, ok, but generally speaking bans should be reserved for those who are perceived to be hopeless.

it's hard to believe that he would do something unforgivable, and it's also hard to believe that he would be unable to listen to reason if it was a non-lethal offense.

B Dids
Apparently he started a thread that ragged on some guy who was on the WSOP last night. That's as much as I know and I didn't see the thread.

El Ishmael
11-02-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hearsay, but I've heard it's more trivial than his prior bannings, which were circumventing the profanity filter.

fnord_too
WOW. I thought your free Josh in the other thread was a clever reference to when Sthief was banned. WTF?

astroglide
11-02-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's hearsay, but I've heard it's more trivial than his prior bannings, which were circumventing the profanity filter.

[/ QUOTE ]

intentionally circumventing the profanity filter is a really juvenile act, and i think it does warrant temp banning followed by perm banning for constant offenders

B Dids
11-02-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a mod should strive to enforce the will of the people as much as is possible while conforming to the regulations of the forum's operators. i think it's fine to yap about it if a singular incident was the cause. if it was absolutely heinous, ok, but generally speaking bans should be reserved for those who are generally perceived to be hopeless.

i didn't know he was banned, and i don't know why he was banned, but it's hard to believe he did something so bad to get instantly excommunicated. i would think if it was a 'hey man you clearly shouldn't be doing that' sort of thing, he would listen to reason and not do it any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that Mat's approach, and it might be Dynasty's as well, as been to use the ban as a warning. I'm hoping that's the case here, but based on what I've been told about the situation, it seems like ever banning anybody like Josh because of something he said in the WPT forum is pointless.

The WPT forum is as big an embrassament to this forum as anything, and the vast majority of the posters there offer nothing meaningful to the forums. The fact that somebody like Vince Lepore trolled that forum for months and somebody like Josh gets dropped this quick is really [censored] goofy.

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2005, 05:28 PM
possible 3 strikes and your out rule?

I have no clue what happened, and no one is explaining anything.

PITTM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AngryCola
I like your style, astro.
Ever considered volunteering to be a mod?

sfer
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

intentionally circumventing the profanity filter is a really juvenile act, and i think it does warrant temp banning followed by perm banning for constant offenders

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But if what he said is, in fact, what I was told, I should be banned too for several posts today.

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Dids, you can't simply say "we are gonna bend the rules here, cuz its the WPT forum". Same rules for every forum, or none at all, because it would really be pointless.

daryn
11-02-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But if what he said is, in fact, what I was told, I should be banned too for several posts today.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/304029/2/istockphoto_304029_spilled_beans.jpg

B Dids
11-02-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm not saying that.

I'm saying that banning Josh and not sacking the 50 other people adding nothing to the forums is goofy.

RunDownHouse
[ QUOTE ]
wtf happened??????

i cant even search for his name. none of them show up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Search for "Josh." The period must be in there.

I couldn't find anything ban-worthy in his last 5 or so posts. Meh.

[censored]
He wasn't banned for anything within OOT and since I wouldn't have a thread in here complaining about one of my bans I don't think this would should continue either.

He was banned for starting a thread which called a player a deuche. please take anything else to the forum where the banning occurred.

AngryCola
Since Dynasty isn't in here to explain his decision, I'll give you guys the reason listed on Josh's profile.

"5-day suspension (11/2): starting a thread in WPT forum soley to call a player a douche."